From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2011)|
|Founded||December 18, 1933|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Revenue||KRW1,652 billion (2013)|
|KRW149 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
Doosan Engineering & Construction
Doosan Feed & Livestock
Doosan Tower Corporation
- 1896 Park Seung-jik opened first store
- 1925 Changed the name of Park Seung-Jik Store Limited to Doosan Store
- 1953 Established the Oriental Brewery and began producing OB beer.
- 1960 Established Dongsan Construction and Engineering (currently Doosan Engineering & Construction)/Acquired Hapdong News Agency (currently Yonhap News)
- 1966 Founded Hanyang Food
- 1967 Founded Yoonhan Machinery (currently Doosan Mecatec)
- 1969 Founded Hankook Bottle and Glass
- 1979 Established Doosan CCK Can Manufacturing
- 1980 Founded OB Seagram
- 1982 Formed OB Bears (currently Doosan Bears)
- 1996 Celebrated Doosan’s 100th anniversary of our founding, Announced Doosan Group’s new CI
- 1998 Incorporated nine affiliates and re-launched the company as Doosan Corporation in September.
- 2008 Acquired the Chung-Ang University Foundation - Y.S.Park took office as Chairman.
- 2008 Sold off the liquor business, and henceforth operated four main businesses, namely, Electro-materials, Fashion, Glonet, and Information & Communication.
- 2009 Doosan Corporation converted into an operating holding company
- Electro-Materials : Doosan Corporation Electronics is a producer of copper clad laminates, a core part of printed circuit boards that are used in electronic products, and is expanding the scope of its business to include the display material business, including OLED materials.
- Mottrol : Doosan Mottrol was the first company in Korea to advance into the hydraulic industry. Based on the technology it has acquired in the production of hydraulic machines for heavy construction equipment and hydraulic parts for the defense industry, it is now a supplier of hydraulic equipment, having expanded its business to produce and supply parts to the ISB (Infrastructure Support Business) sector.
- Glonet (Former Doosan Trading Company): Doosan Corporation Glonet is developing and supplying bio-materials such as medical emulsifiers, plant growth regulators, and raw materials for health food and skincare products.
- Information & Communication : As an information technology (IT) business services unit, Doosan Corporation Information & Communication provides IT services, including development, consulting and operation.
- Doosan.com - Official Website
|This article about a South Korean company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|