Dora Meeson Coates, Wife of the Artist
7 August 1869|
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia
|Died||24 March 1955
Chelsea, London, England
|Education||1898–1899 Académie Julian
c.1896-c.1898 Slade School of Fine Art
National Gallery of Victoria Art School
Christchurch School of Art, Christchurch, NZ
|Spouse(s)||George James Coates|
|Elected||ROI in 1919|
|Meeson, Dora DAAO|
Dora Meeson (1869–1955) was an Australian Artist and an elected member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters in London, England. She was a member of the British Artists' Suffrage League. A representation of her banner was used on the design of the Australian 2003 dollar coin celebrating the centenary of women's suffrage. She was married to fellow artist George James Coates on 23 July 1903.
- Art Gallery of Ballarat
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Australian War Memorial
- Benalla Art Gallery
- Castlemaine Art Gallery and Historical Museum
- Christchurch Art Gallery New Zealand
- Geelong Art Gallery
- Imperial War Museum London
- Museum of London Docklands
- National Army Museum Chelsea
- National Gallery of Australia
- National Gallery of Victoria
- National Library of Australia
- Port of London Authority
- State Library of Tasmania
- Haese, Richard, "Meeson, Dora (1869–1955)", Australian Dictionary of Biography, Australian National University
- "How Australia led the way: Dora Meeson Coates and British Suffrage". Australian Government – FaHCSIA.
- Hammond, Victoria; Peers, Juliette; Heide Park and Art Gallery (1992). Completing the picture : women artists and the Heidelberg era (3rd ed.). Artmoves. ISBN 978-0-646-07493-1
- Meeson, Dora. "1916 – Leaving for the front". Art Gallery of Ballarat.
- "Dora Meeson". Art Gallery of NSW.
- Meeson, Dora. "St. Paul's Cathedral, London, after the surrounding building has been flattened by enemy bombing". Australian War Memorial.
- "Dora Meeson". Benalla Art Gallery.
- "MEESON, Dora". Castlemaine Art Gallery and Historical Museum.
- Meeson, Dora. "Portrait of Mrs E Marsh née Seager 1894". Christchurch Art Gallery.
- Meeson, Dora. "The Thames at Chelsea". Geelong Art Gallery.
- Meeson, Dora. "Members of the QMAAC : at work in the cookhouse, RAF Camp, Charlton Park". Imperial War Museum.
- "Dora Meeson". Museum of London.
- Meeson, Dora. "Peace Celebrations, Indian Troops Marching down Whitehall, 1919". BBC – National Army Museum.
- "Dora Meeson". National Gallery of Australia.
- "Dora Meeson". National Gallery of Victoria.
- "Dora Meeson". National Library of Australia.
- "Meeson, Dora". State Library of Tasmania.
- 1913 Catalogue State Library of Victoria
- 1921 Catalogue State Library of Victoria
- 1934 Catalogue State Library of Victoria
- Australian suffragettes Australian Government
- Dora Meeson Coates Design & Art Australia Online
- BBC – Your Paintings – Dora Meeson
- Dora Meeson National Portrait Gallery, London
- Esther Peterson and two unidentified women standing in front of an Australian suffrage banner created by Dora Meeson Harvard University Library
- Nineteenth Century New Zealand Artists: A Guide & Handbook Victoria University of Wellington
- Suffrage artists’ league Woman and her Sphere
- Meeson, Dora Australian Dictionary of Biography