|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Number of locations||10|
|Key people||Christopher Cowdray, (CEO)
François Delahaye, (COO)
Helen Smith, (VP Sales and Marketing)
|Parent||Brunei Investment Agency (BIA)|
Dorchester Collection is a luxury hotel operator owned by the Brunei Investment Agency (BIA), an arm of the Ministry of Finance of Brunei. Dorchester Collection owns and manages 10 luxury five star hotels, The Dorchester, The Beverly Hills Hotel, Plaza Athénée, Hotel Meurice, Principe di Savoia, Hotel Bel-Air, Coworth Park, 45 Park Lane, Le Richemond and Hotel Eden.
In 1987, the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, bought the Dorchester Hotel and the Beverly Hills Hotel and then transferred the ownership to the Brunei Investment Agency in 1991. The Audley Group, owned by the BIA, was established in 1996 to manage the hotels under one company. Later, the Audley Group became the Dorchester Group Limited. The Dorchester Group Ltd. owns the Dorchester Collection which was established in 2006 to manage several luxury hotels in Europe and the United States. The Dorchester Collection manages 10 luxury hotels. The hotels are a mix of wholly owned and part-owned hotels as the Dorchester Collection acquires them and manages them on behalf of third party owners.
The United Kingdom:
- The Dorchester (London, England), purchased in 1986
- 45 Park Lane (London, England), acquired in 2011, it is the smallest hotel of the collection at 45 rooms
- Coworth Park (Ascot, Berkshire, England), refurbished in 2008 and reopened in 2010
The United States:
- The Beverly Hills Hotel (Beverly Hills, CA), purchased in 1995
- Hotel Bel-Air (Los Angeles, CA), acquired in 2008, closed for two years for renovations, opened again in 2011
- Le Meurice (Paris), purchased in 1997
- The Plaza Athénée (Paris), also purchased in 1997, both the Plaza and Meurice are listed with palace distinction
- Alain Ducasse and China Tang at The Dorchester
- Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée
- Restaurant le Meurice Alain Ducasse
- La Terrazza at Hotel Eden
- Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel-Air
- Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Restaurant Coworth Park at Coworth Park
- Le Jardin at Le Richemond
- CUT at 45 Park Lane
- Acanto at Hotel Principe di Savoia
Dorchester Collection partners with third-party brands for each hotel’s spa. The spas are listed below.
- The Dorchester – The Dorchester Spa (Carol Joy London, Kerstin Florian and Aromatherapy Associates)
- Coworth Park – The Spa at Coworth Park (including Carol Joy London, Kerstin Florian and Aromatherapy Associates)
- The Beverly Hills Hotel – The Beverly Hills Hotel Spa by La Prairie
- Hotel Bel-Air – Spa by La Prairie
- Le Meurice – Spa Valmont
- Le Richemond – Le Spa by Sisley
- Hotel Principe di Savoia – Club 10 (Comfort Zone, Thalgo and Kanebo)
Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei, via his Brunei Investment Agency (BIA) owning the Dorchester Collection hotels, raised concern abroad in April 2014 by implementing the Sharia law penal code that includes death by stoning, the severing of limbs, and flogging for crimes in Brunei such as abortions, adultery, and homosexual acts. The Sultan himself, together with his family members are exempted from the Sharia Law.  He approved imposing the death penalty by stoning for those convicted of homosexual acts in Brunei. In protest, a United States national LGBT advocacy organization, the Gill Action Fund, cancelled its reservation at The Beverly Hills Hotel to hold a conference of major donors at the hotel and demanded a refund of its deposit. The hotel management responded by issuing a statement asserting that it does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, but made no mention of the Brunei Investment Agency's and Sultan's receiving the hotel's profits.
The nearby Bel-Air Hotel is also a BIA Dorchester Collection property. Fashion designers Brian Atwood and Peter Som have called for wider protests, urging the fashion industry to boycott all of the hotels owned by the Dorchester Collection. The Beverly Hills Hotel, long a popular spot for celebrity functions, has been rejected by much of Hollywood over the controversy.
- "Dorchester Group". The Caterer. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Dorchester Group Limited". Companies in the UK. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Hotel Bel-Air". Dorchester Collection. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Dorchester Collection". Hospitality Net. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Patti Pietschmann (June 6, 2012). "Tasty treats spice up summer at Dorchester Collection hotels from London to LA". Examiner.
- "Dorchester Collection". Hospitality Net. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Ultra-luxury Dorchester Collection looks to grow in N.Y., elsewhere". USA Today. October 22, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Coworth Park, A Dorchester Collection Hotel". Ampersand. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "In Conversation With Christopher Cowdray, CEO, Dorchester Collection". Luxury Society. May 10, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Janet Harmer (June 29, 2011). "Dorchester Collection takes over management of Le Richemond from Rocco Forte". The Caterer. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Hotels that Speak to History". LEADERS Magazine. January 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Szu Ping Chan (September 18, 2013). "Luxury Rome hotel snapped up by Dorchester owner". The Telegraph.
- "Restaurants & Bars". The Dorchester. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Dorchester Collection to Manage Rome’s Iconic Hotel Eden". Hospitality Net. September 18, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Forbes Travel Guide (January 13, 2012). "An Inside Look At Wolfgang Puck's New Restaurant At Hotel Bel-Air". Forbes. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Eric Rosen. "See and Be Seen at The Polo Lounge". Los Angeles Confidential. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Gourmet Hotels in the UK". Condé Nest Traveller. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Le Richemond joined Dorchester Collection". Swiss Deluxe Hotels. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Amol Rajan (November 13, 2011). "Cut at 45 Park Lane, London W1". The Independent. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- Valerio M. Visintin (October 15, 2013). "Acanto dell'Hotel Principe di Savoia". VivaMilano. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "The Spa". The Dorchester. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Coworth Spa Park Membership". The Dorchester. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Spa & Fitness". The Beverly Hills Hotel. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Hotel Bel-Air Spa & Fitness". Hotel Bel-Air. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Le Spa Valmont for Hotel Le Meurice". Le Meurice. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Le Spa by Sisley". Le Richmond. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "Spa and Fitness". Hotel Principe di Savoia. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- The Sultan of Brunei Intends to Stone Adulterers (Wait, What Century Is This?) by Charlie Campbell March 7, 2014 Time magazine
- Brunei Ownership Casts a Shadow on a Beverly Hills Hotel, The New York Times, May 10, 2014.
|This article about a hotel or resort is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|