Dordrecht railway station
The front of the historic station building.
|Operator||Nederlandse Spoorwegen, Arriva|
Dordrecht is a railway station in Dordrecht, Netherlands located on the Breda–Rotterdam railway and the Elst–Dordrecht railway. The station was opened on 1 January 1872, when the railway line between Rotterdam and Antwerp was opened. On 16 July 1885, the railway line from Dordrecht to Gorinchem was opened. The neo-Renaissance railway station building is located to the south of the city centre. Dordrecht is now an important railway station on the Nederlandse Spoorwegen railway network. The services to Gorinchem and Geldermalsen are operated by Arriva.
These are some of the main destinations directly available from Dordrecht:
At Geldermalsen there is a good service to Utrecht, the centre of the Netherlands, where many destinations can be reached.
- For Gouda and Amersfoort travel to Rotterdam Centraal and change onto an Intercity towards Enschede or Leeuwarden.
- For Ede, Arnhem travel to Rotterdam Centraal and change onto a train towards Utrecht Centraal. Than change onto a train towards Nijmegen.
- For Nijmegen travel to Tilburg and change onto an Intercity to Nijmegen.
The following services call at Dordrecht:
- 12x per day international service The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Roosendaal - Antwerp - Brussels
- 2x per hour intercity service Lelystad - Almere - Amsterdam - Schiphol - The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Roosendaal - Vlissingen
- 2x per hour intercity service Amsterdam - Haarlem - The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht
- 2x per hour intercity service The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Breda - Eindhoven - Venlo
- 1x per hour night service (nachtnet) Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Breda - Eindhoven (weekends only)
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Breda (Dordrecht - Breda only once an hour, twice an hour during peaks)
- 2x per hour local service (sprinter) The Hague - Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Roosendaal (Dordrecht - Roosendaal only once an hour, twice an hour during peaks)
- 2x per hour local services (stoptrein) Dordrecht - Gorinchem - Geldermalsen
- 2x per hour local services (stoptrein) Dordrecht - Gorinchem
|Preceding station||Nederlandse Spoorwegen||Following station|
|NS Intercity 1900||
|Terminus||NS Intercity 2200||
toward Amsterdam Centraal
|NS Intercity 2600||
toward Lelystad Centrum
|NS Nachtnet 21400||
|NS Sprinter 5000||
|NS Sprinter 5100||
|Terminus||Arriva Stoptrein 36700||
|Terminus||Arriva Stoptrein 36800||