From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doreen Gamboa Fernandez (October 28, 1934 - June 24, 2002) was a noted food critic, author, and columnist who wrote extensively about the arts and Filipino cuisine.
- "Pot-au-feu" for the Manila Chronicle
- "In Good Taste" for the Philippine Daily Inquirer
- "Foodscape" for Food Magazine
- "Pot Luck" for Mr. and Ms.
- The Iloilo Zarzuela, 1903-1930 (1978)
- Contemporary Theater Arts: Asia and the United States (1984)
- Sarap: Essays on Philippine Food (1988)
- Lasa: A Guide to 100 Restaurants (1989)
- Kinilaw: A Philippine Cuisine of Freshness (1991)
- Tikim: Essays on Philippine Food and Culture (1994)
- Palabas (1997)
- Fruits of the Philippines (1997)
- Palayok: Philippine Food Through Time, on Site, in the Pot (2000)
- Kirshenblatt-Gimblett, Barbara. (2003). "Doreen G. Fernandez: A Tribute". Gastronomica. Retrieved 2009-10-28.
- Fernandez, Doreen. (1988). Culture Ingested: On the Indigenization of Philippine Food. In E.N. Alegre & D. G. Fernandez (Eds.) Sarap: Essays on Philippine Food. Manila: Mr. & Ms. Publishing Company, Inc. Retrieved 2009-10-28.