Wright with the 76ers in March 2013
|No. 1 – Portland Trail Blazers|
December 2, 1985 |
Los Angeles, California
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school||Leuzinger (Lawndale, California)
South Kent School
(South Kent, Connecticut)
|NBA draft||2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 19th overall|
|Selected by the Miami Heat|
|2006||→Florida Flame (D-League)|
|2010–2012||Golden State Warriors|
|2013–present||Portland Trail Blazers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Dorell Lawrence Wright (born December 2, 1985) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Wright was drafted in the 2004 NBA draft by the Miami Heat directly out of high school. He has also played for the Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers. Wright is considered to be one of the best three-point shooters in the NBA, as he has led the league in three pointers, and was selected to participate in the All-Star weekend Three Point Shootout.
High school career
Considered a five-star recruit by Rivals.com, Wright was listed as the No. 4 small forward and the No. 12 player in the nation in 2004. He initially committed to attend DePaul before entering the draft.
Miami Heat (2004–2010)
Wright was selected 19th overall by the Heat in the 2004 NBA draft.
In 2006, Wright was the youngest member of the Heat's first NBA championship squad.
On August 21, 2008, Wright re-signed with the Heat.
Golden State Warriors (2010–2012)
On February 9, 2011, Wright was selected to compete in the 3-Point Shootout at the 2011 NBA All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.
On March 18, 2011, against the Phoenix Suns, Wright went scoreless in the first half, but scored 30 points in the second half in a 108–97 loss. He ended up with 30 points to go with 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks. On March 23, 2011, Wright scored a career-high 34 points to go with 5 rebounds and 6 assists against the Houston Rockets in a 131–112 loss.
On April 6, 2011, Wright set a Warriors franchise record for three-point shots made in a season with 184 in a home win versus the Los Angeles Lakers, beating Jason Richardson's previous record of 183 in the 2005–06 season.
On April 13, 2011, Wright became the first player in NBA history to have scored more points in his seventh season than all of his first six combined in a win against the Portland Trail Blazers. Wright also ended the season with the most three-point shots made in the 2010–11 season with 194, as well as the most three-point field goals attempted with 516, both of which set Warriors franchise records. The records were surpassed by Stephen Curry in the 2012–13 season, when Curry set the NBA record for three-point field goals made.
Philadelphia 76ers (2012–2013)
Portland Trail Blazers (2013–present)
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
NBA career highlights
- NBA champion: 2006
- NBA regular season leader for 3-point field goals made and attempted: 2010–11 (194 threes made & 516 threes attempted)
- First player in NBA history to score more points in seventh season than first six seasons combined: 2010–11 (1,335 points)
- Dorell Wright Recruiting Profile
- Dorell Wright & Earl Barron assigned to Florida Flame
- Heat Recall Barron and Wright From Florida
- Heat re-sign improving forward Wright
- Warriors Sign Free Agent Forward Dorell Wright
- "Wright's 9 3s lift Warriors over Timberwolves". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. November 27, 2010. Retrieved November 28, 2010.
- Dorell Wright To Compete In 2011 Foot Locker Three-Point Contest
- Warriors-Rockets notebook
- Hornets join 76ers-Warriors swap
- "Trail Blazers Sign Dorell Wright". NBA.com. July 10, 2013. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Dorell Wright wedding: Trail Blazers forward shares epic photos, wanted to wear Jordans
- Congratulations: Dorell Wright Marries His Longtime Girlfriend Mia Lee!
- Dauster, Rob (March 23, 2014). "Delon Wright to return to Utah for his senior season". NBCSports.com. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dorell Wright.|