Dorfgastein is a municipality in the St. Johann im Pongau district in the state of Salzburg in western central Austria.
The following is a timeline:
- 1212: First mention of the use of the Gastein gorge as riding and mule area.
- 1342: First documented mention as ze Dorff in the oldest Gastein mining regulations.
- 1350: The church was founded in Rupert Dorff.
- 1520: The Burg Klammstein administrative center was created, seat of the archbishop's keeper of Gastein, tolls and securing space at the entrance.
- 1735: The first school opened in Dorfgastein (in 1921 electric lighting in the classes).
- 1893 In Dorfgastein a telegraph office was established.
- 1927 Opening of the new school building.
- 1959 Opening of the first Dorfgastein ski lift.