|Born||Dora Noemí Kerchen
March 14, 1975
|Other names||Doris Mar|
|Height||5' 10" |
Dora Noemí Kerchen, known by her stage name Dorismar (also spelled Doris Mar), born March 14, 1975, is an Argentine model, actress, television host, and singer.
Dorismar has worked as an actress in Argentina and in Miami. She appeared on the cover of Playboy, representing The Sexy Ladies of Latin TV, in March 2003. In August 2004 she also appeared on the cover of Open Your Eyes. She was a hostess on the Univisión Network television show Caliente from 2000 to 2006. Currently, she stars in Televisa's sketch comedy series Desmadruga2. Dorismar is also in Televisa's Mexican telenovela Triunfo Del Amor which is a remake of the telenovela Privilegio De Amar (1998).
In 2005, Dorismar posed for provocative posters distributed in Mexico aimed at protecting endangered sea turtle eggs from being harvested by people who believe they are a source of virility, proclaiming "My man does not need turtle eggs because he knows that they don't make him more potent," and "Sea turtle eggs DO NOT increase sexual potency!" These advertisements drew some derision from women's rights groups, and several environmental groups refused to be associated with the campaign.
On January 5, 2006, Dorismar and her husband/manager Alejandro (Alex) Schiff were deported from the United States to Argentina as illegal aliens after living six years in Miami. Dorismar contested the deportation, claiming that her physical attributes place her in the category of "alien of extraordinary ability", which would allow her to seek an O-1 visa, permitting her residency in the U.S. based on her talents. She was unsuccessful in her petition.
- "Open Your Eyes Dorismar Interview". Open Your Eyes Magazine (Tlahtoani Media Group). 2004-08-01. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- Official site for Caliente.
- Mexican women's group opposes use of model to discourage men from eating turtle eggs as aphrodisiacs.
- Sexy Ad Outrages Environmentalists.
- Former 'Playboy' playmate deported: Argentine model wants special immigration status and re-entry to U.S..
- Argentine model and actress Dorismar fights to return to the U.S..