Dos (Myriam Hernández album)
|Studio album by Myriam Hernández|
|Label||EMI Odeon Chile|
|Myriam Hernández chronology|
Dos (Two), also known as Myriam Hernández 2, is the title of the second studio album released by Chilean singer Myriam Hernández in 1990. The album became very successful in Latin America and the United States where it peaked at number-one in the Billboard Latin Pop Albums chart. The album includes two number-one singles by Hernández, "Te Pareces Tanto a Él" and "Peligroso Amor", and her self-penned top ten hit "Herida". Dos was nominated for Pop Album of the Year at the Lo Nuestro Awards.
Dos was produced by Humberto Gatica and features songs written by Gogo Muñoz, Alberto Plaza, Vilma Planas, Alvaro Torres, Juan Carlos Duque and by the performer herself. Hernández wrote the songs "Herida" and "Que No". The album singles produced several international hits that spent several weeks at number one of the rankings in the continent. This album also marked a record in the Latin Pop Albums in the United States by staying at number-one for 18 consecutive weeks.
"Herida" was covered by Brenda K. Starr in a salsa version which reached number-one on the Latin Tropical Airplay chart; Mexican singer Lidia Ávila also recorded her rentidion in a cumbia version; and Brazilian singer Daniel also released his take on the track. Hernández recorded the song "Mira", co-written with Juan Carlos Calderón, on her self-titled 1992 album as a follow-up for the song. The music video for "Peligroso Amor" was produced by Luis De Llano and received a nomination for the Billboard Best Latin Video award. Dos sold 15,000 units in Chile in less than two weeks of release, and was awarded with a Gold album certification. The success of this album resulted in a recording contract with Warner Music México, but the contract ended because of the limited success of her next album and disagreements between the label and the singer.
The information from the album liner notes.
|1.||"Peligroso Amor"||Gogo Muñoz||4:07|
|3.||"Que No"||Myriam Hernández||3:18|
|5.||"Todo lo Tuyo"||G. Muñoz, Vilma Planas||3:30|
|6.||"Te Pareces Tanto a Él"||Alvaro Torres||3:46|
|8.||"Toda la Vida Sigue Igual"||Juan Carlos Duque||3:17|
|10.||"Ni Tonta Sigo Amándote"||J.C. Duque||3:15|
|US Billboard Latin Pop Albums||1|
- Dos (CD liner notes). EMI Odeon Chile. 1990.
- "Biografía de Myriam Hernández". NetJoven (in Spanish). Netjoven S.A.C. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Latin Pop Albums – Dos – Myriam Hernández – Week of November 3, 1990". Billboard. 1990-11-03. Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- "Myriam Hernández – Charts & Awards – Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- Lannert, John (May 24, 1991). "Hispanic Music Industry Salutes Its Best Wednesday". Sun-Sentinel (Tribune Company). Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- Bonacich, Drago. "Myriam Hernández – Biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-07-02.
- "Latin Pop Albums – Dos – Myriam Hernández – Week of November 17, 1990". Billboard. 1990-11-17. Retrieved 2010-06-18.