|Look up Dose, Dosis, dosage, doses, or dosis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dose means quantity in the fields of nutrition, medicine, and toxicology. Dosage is the rate of application of a dose but in common parlance it is used as a synonym for the term dose.
Particular uses in this context include:
- Dose (biochemistry), the quantity of something that may be eaten by or administered to an organism, or that an organism may be exposed to
- Overdose, intaking more than your required dose.
- Absorbed dose, an amount of radiation received
- Defined daily dose, a World Health Organization statistical measure of drug consumption
- Dosage form, a mixture of active and inactive components used to administer a medication
- Dose profile, taken by a radiation detector in order to characterise the radiation beams from medical linear accelerators
- Dosing, the process of administering a measured amount of a medicine or chemical to an inanimate object or non-human animal
- Effective dose (pharmacology), the amount of a substance required to produce an effect on a predefined percentage of a population
- Equivalent dose, a measure of radiation dosage to tissue
- Maximum tolerated dose, the highest dose of a radiological or pharmacological treatment that will produce the desired effect without unacceptable toxicity
- Median lethal dose, is the dose of a toxic substance or radiation required to kill half the members of a tested population after a specified test duration
- Optimal Biological Dose, the quantity of a radiological or pharmacological treatment that will produce the desired effect with acceptable toxicity
- Reference dose, the United States Environmental Protection Agency's maximum acceptable oral dose of a toxic substance
Media and Music
- Dose (album), a 1998 album by the jam band Gov't Mule
- Dose (magazine), a free daily Canadian magazine
- Dose (song), a song by the band Filter
- Dosage (album), the fourth studio album by the band Collective Soul
- Gerd Dose (1942–2010), professor of English literature and culture at the University of Hamburg from 1985 to 2007
Dose or Dosage may also refer to:
- A measured quantity of sugar, wine, and sometimes brandy added in the final step in sparkling wine production before bottling
- Dosage Index, a mathematical figure used by breeders of race horses to quantify a horse's ability
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dose.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.