Dottie West Sings
|Dottie West Sings|
|Studio album by Dottie West|
|Genre||Country, Nashville Sound|
|Dottie West chronology|
Dottie West Sings is the name of a Country music album by Country singer, Dottie West, released in 1965.
This was Dottie West's second studio album under RCA records. The previous year, West successfully entered the Country market with the Top 10 Grammy award-winning hit, "Here Comes My Baby". Her second album didn't spawn any singles that didn't even hit the Top 10 or 20, but did enter the Country Top 40. These two singles were, "Gettin Married Has Made Us Strangers" and "No Sign of Living". "No Sing of Living" was written by Jessi Colter, the future wife of Waylon Jennings and a future Country singer herself in the mid-70s. This album did well on the "Top Country Albums" chart, and sold well, reaching No. 12.
- "No Sign of Living"
- "Happiness Lives Next Door"
- "I Can Turn You Every Way But Loose"
- "Left Over Corner of Your Heart"
- "Don't You Ever Get Tired"
- "It Just Takes Practice"
- "You're the Only World I Know"
- "I'll Pick Up My Heart and Go Home"
- "You Took the Easy Way Out"
- "When Two Worlds Collide"
- "Gettin' Married Has Made Us Strangers"
- "If I Can Stay Away Long Enough"
Album – Billboard (North America)
|1965||Top Country Albums||#12|
|1965||The Billboard 200||#N/A|
Singles – Billboard (North America)
|1965||"No Sign of Living"||Hot Country Singles||#32|
|1965||"Gettin' Married Has Made Us Strangers"||Hot Country Singles & Tracks||#30|
- Dottie West – guitar, vocals