Double Clutch (Transformers)
Transformers: Generation 2
Double Clutch in the Generation 2 Redux comic
|Motto||"Catch me if you can!"|
|Alternate modes||Lola T94 Indy race car|
|Series||Transformers: Generation 2|
Whether on an abandoned dirt track in the desert, or tearing up the tar at Indy, this Autobot defines the word speed. He's also incredibly versatile. Rear spoiler acts as laser deflection shield - converts to energy absorption panel when fuel is depleted. Nose is not only aerodynamic, but radiates electron disrupters to disengage Decepticon tracking sensors.
Despite being released in the toy line in 1995, it would be 15 years before Double Clutch appeared in any fiction. He is among the Generation 2 Autobots on Earth in the 2010 Botcon story Generation 2: Redux.
- Generation 2 Go-Bot Double Clutch (1995)
Transformers: Power Core Combiners
|Sub-group||Rallybots, Power Core Combiners, Scouts|
|Partner||Drag Racer Drone, Race Car Drone, Street Racer Drone, Tuner Drone|
|Alternate modes||Rally car|
|Series||Transformers: Power Core Combiners|
When Maketoys released promotional images of their Missile Launcher Jungle Type toy they included photos of it combined with Double Clutch.
- Power Core Combiners Double Clutch with Rallybots (2010)
- A new mold. Comes with four race car drones: a Drag Racer Drone, a Toyota GT-One Race Car Drone, a Hyundai Genesis Coupe Street Racer Drone and a Mini Cooper S Tuner Drone - all of which combine with Double Clutch to form a larger robot.
- Greg Sepelak & Trent Troop (w), Robby Musso (p), Robby Musso & Frank Milkovich (i). "Generation 2: Redux" Transformers Timelines v2, 5 (Summer, 2010), Fort Worth, Texas: Fun Publications
- Brereton, Erin (2006). Transformers: The Fantasy, The Fun, The Future. Triumph Books. p. 22. ISBN 1-57243-983-1.
- Alvarez, J.E. (2001). The Unofficial Guide to Transformers 1980s Through 1990s Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition. Schiffer Publishing Ltd. p. 116. ISBN 0-7643-1364-9.
- TFW2005.com - Double Clutch
- Hasbro Showcases its Iconic Brands at San Diego Comic-Con. Business Wire; July 20, 2010
- Ben's World of Transformers - Double Clutch
|This Transformers-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|