Double helix (disambiguation)
In geometry, a double helix (plural double helices) is a pair of congruent geometrical helices with the same axis, differing by a translation along the axis.
The term is most often used in reference to the nucleic acid double helix, the dominant structure of nucleic acids such as DNA and RNA.
Double helix may also refer to:
Science and engineering
- Double helix, the structure of DNA
- Double Helix Nebula, a gaseous nebula in the Milky Way Galaxy
- Double helical gear, also known as a herringbone gear
- The Helix Bridge, a bridge shaped as the double helix located at the Marina Bay, Singapore, Singapore
Gaming and animation
- Double Helix Games, a video game developer
- Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix, a video game
- Double-Helix, an alien race in the Wing Commander (franchise)
- Doublehelix, a character in the animated film Asterix and the Vikings
- The Double Helix, a book about the discovery of the double-helical structure of DNA
- Double Helix (novel), a 2004 novel by Nancy Werlin
- Star Trek: Double Helix, a six-book miniseries and a spinoff of the Star Trek: The Next Generation book series
- Double Helix: Double or Nothing, a book in the aforementioned series
- Double Helix, a database management system for the Apple Macintosh computer system.
- "Double Helix (The Outer Limits)", an episode of the TV series The Outer Limits
- Double Helix Corporation, a St. Louis, Missouri organization that owns several television and radio channels
- Double Helix, a song by American industrial hip-hop group Death Grips
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Double helix.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.