From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Doublet (disambiguation))
|Look up doublet in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Doublet may refer to:
- Doublet (clothing), a man's snug-fitting buttoned jacket that was worn from the late 14th century to the mid 17th century
- Doublet (lapidary), an assembled gem composed in two sections, such as a garnet overlaying green glass
- Doublet (lens), a type of lens, made up of two stacked layers with different refractive indices
- Doublet (linguistics), one of two or more words of the same language that come from the same root
- Doublet state, a state in quantum physics of a system with a spin of ½
- Doublet (potential flow), fluid flow due to a source–sink combination
- Pierre Jean Louis Ovide Doublet (1749–1824), a politician and writer from France
- Word ladder or "doublets", a word game invented by Lewis Carroll
- In mathematics, the unit doublet is the derivative of the Dirac delta function
- In textual criticism, two different narrative accounts of the same actual event
- Dimeresia howellii, a tiny flowering plant.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Doublet.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.