From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Doug Ball is a Canadian photojournalist.
- Robert Stanfield's fumble. Doug Ball 1974 photo of Conservative Leader/candidate fumbling a football is said to have cost him (and the Conservative Party) the election. The Canadian Press sent the picture across Canada where the photo was played on many front pages.
- Pierre Trudeau's pirouette. The 1977 photo show Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau doing a pirouette behind an oblivious Queen Elizabeth II at a G7 summit Conference in London, England. This photo is arguably the most famous photo of Trudeau. "The picture, we have been led to believe, expresses his maverick anti-conformism, his democratic disdain for aristocratic pomp."
- Fumble photo on CBC website
- Pirouette's photo at Stephen Bulger Gallery
- Lynn and Doug Ball, Life on a Press Pass, Wallbridge House Publishing, 2005 p.66
- Robert Sibley, Trudeau deconstructed, The Ottawa Citizen, Sunday, June 04, 2006