|Born||Douglas E. Batchelor
March 9, 1957
|Education||Southwestern Adventist University|
|Children||Cheri, Rachel, Micah, Daniel, Stephen, Nathan|
|Parent(s)||George Batchelor, Ruth Batchelor|
|Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church, Granite Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|President/Speaker Amazing Facts|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Doug Batchelor (born March 9, 1957) is an evangelist and the author of several books including The Richest Caveman, the story of his early life and conversion to Christianity. His primary ministry is Amazing Facts - a worldwide television, radio, and publishing ministry based in Roseville, California, United States. He also pastors the Granite Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church in Rocklin, California. His long and winding journey from anti-social drug user to president of a worldwide ministry has helped shape him into an engaging speaker with whom audiences the world over can identify. Today he is the senior pastor of Granite Bay Church in California and the president of Amazing Facts. He hosts the weekly television program Amazing Facts Presents and the Bible Answers Live radio broadcast.
Batchelor is the son of the Florida aviation tycoon and philanthropist George Batchelor and the Hollywood film critic, actress and songwriter Ruth Batchelor. He spent his youth searching for the purpose of life, including exploring various religions; while living in a cave in southern California, which led to his discovery of a Bible. Through years of intense Bible study and his own experience of personal transformation, Doug became skilled in showing the links between ancient Bible prophecies and current world events. Consequently, Batchelor developed a strong Christian belief system;ultimately leading to his evangelist status. Today, Pastor Doug Batchelor is an energetic speaker with an unusual ability to communicate not only to church-oriented people but also to those who aren’t religious. His spontaneous, lively humor and down-to-earth approach to living the Christian life engages and brings hope and meaning to hearts from every kind of background. 
Batchelor is married to Karen Batchelor and has five children. His hobbies include guitar, flute, scuba diving, quad riding, and racquetball. He has also inherited his father's love of aviation, and is a licensed pilot.
Doug Batchelor is the speaker of the weekly TV programs Amazing Facts Presents and Everlasting Gospel, and is the primary speaker for Sabbath School Study Hour. These programs can be seen weekly on national cable networks and heard on more than 125 radio stations across the United States. He is also can be seen and heard around the world on international satellite and cable stations. He is also the speaker on Bible Answers Live, a one-hour radio program heard around the world. These programs are found on a number of stations: 
- 189 Radio stations in the USA
- 16 International Radio Stations
- 39 Television Stations
- 10 Internet stations
- 16 Cable channels
As a pastor, Batchelor can be seen when speaking at the Granite Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is aired as Sabbath School Study Hour and Everlasting Gospel on TV locally and by satellite on 3ABN, Amazing Facts Television, and Hope Channel.
Batchelor has appearances on many documentaries including God on My Side, Secrets of Revelation on the National Geographic Channel, and other shows on the Discovery Channel. Doug Batchelor is the narrator of several documentaries which are produced by the Amazing Facts ministry: Final Events of Bible Prophecy, Cosmic Conflict, Revelation: The Bride, The Beast, and Babylon 
Batchelor believes that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is profitable for correction, reproof, and instruction in righteousness.
Batchelor believes that Jesus is the eternal, self-existent God and is not a created being. Even though He is fully God, He took upon Himself the form of a man to live and die for our sins. Batchelor also believe that He rose from the dead three days later.
Batchelor believes that the penalty for man's sin was paid on the cross of Calvary in Jesus' death. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23). By believing on Jesus Christ and accepting the grace of His shed blood, receive the gift of eternal life. "Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:9).
Batchelor believes that love Jesus for His sacrificial death, obey Him as he commands in John 14:15. Humanity is not saved by our works. But, because humanity is saved, we choose to keep His commandments as the guide for successful living.
Referencing biblical prophecy, Batchelor as many Christians believes that the signs of the final days of earth are being fulfilled.
Doug Batchelor is the author of many books, including:
- The Richest Caveman: The Doug Batchelor Story
- To See the King
- How to Survive and Thrive in Church
- At Jesus' Feet: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
- The Armor Of God
- The Christian And Alcohol
- The Name of God
- The Sign of Jonah
- The Ultimate Resource
- Understanding Tongues
- Who is Michael the Archangel?
- God's role for Women in Ministry
- Anything But Secret
- Compromise, Conformity, and Courage
- Determining The Will of God
- Teach Us To Pray
- Spiritual Israel (coauthored with Steve Wohlberg)
- World of Wonders Devotional
- Wisdom for Life Devotional
- Shadows of Light: Seeing Jesus in all the Bible
- Amazing Facts
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- Seventh-day Adventist eschatology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- 28 fundamental beliefs
- Questions on Doctrine
- Teachings of Ellen White
- Inspiration of Ellen White
- Prophecy in the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Investigative judgment
- The Pillars of Adventism
- Second Advent
- Baptism by Immersion
- Conditional Immortality
- Three Angels' Messages
- End times
- Sabbath in Seventh-day Adventism
- Ellen G. White
- Seventh-day Adventist Church Pioneers
- Seventh-day Adventist worship
- Published July 31 2002, George Batchelor obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- The New York Times, July 29, 1992, Ruth Batchelor Obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- Video on YouTube
- Amazing Facts Inc
- Review: God on My Side - Andrew Denton". Signs of the Times website (Australian version), November 2006
- Doug Batchelor on National Geographic
- Amazing Facts On The Discovery Channel
- Denton, Andrew. "God on my side". ABC. ABC. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Batchelor, Doug (1990). The Doug Batchelor Story : From Caveman to Christian. Nampa, ID: Pacific Press Publishing Association. p. 128. ISBN 0-8163-0876-4.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). The Richest Caveman - The Doug Batchelor Story. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 128. ISBN 0-8163-0876-4.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). To See the King. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 94.
- Batchelor, Doug (1998). How to Survive and Thrive in Church.
- Batchelor, Doug (December 2000). At Jesus' Feet - The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene. Hagerstown, MD: Review and Herald Publishing Association. p. 186. ISBN 0-8280-1591-0.
|Amazing Facts Speaker/President
1994 - present