March 9, 1957
|Children||Cheri, Rachel, Micah, Daniel, Stephen, Nathan|
|Parents||George Batchelor, Ruth Batchelor|
|Sacramento Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|President/Speaker Amazing Facts|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Doug Batchelor (born March 9, 1957) is an evangelist and the author of several books including The Richest Caveman, the story of his early life and conversion to Christianity. His primary ministry is Amazing Facts - a worldwide television, radio, and publishing ministry based in Roseville, California, United States. He also pastors the Granite Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church in Loomis, California. Batchelor is the son of the Florida aviation tycoon and philanthropist George Batchelor and the Hollywood film critic, actress and songwriter Ruth Batchelor. He spent his youth searching for the purpose of life, including exploring various religions; while living in a cave in southern California, he found a Bible that ultimately changed his life.
Doug Batchelor is the speaker of the weekly TV programs Amazing Facts Presents and Everlasting Gospel, and is the primary speaker for Central Study Hour. These programs can be seen weekly on national cable networks. He is also the speaker on Bible Answers Live, a one-hour paid radio program heard on Sirius/XM satellite radio nationally and over 300 radio stations around the world. Some of the stations include:
- WMCA, NY
- WMUZ, IL
- KFIA, CA
- WSFT, MI
- LIFESTYLE TV
- LIFETIME TELEVISION
As a pastor, Batchelor can also be seen when speaking at the Granite Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is aired as Central Study Hour and Everlasting Gospel on TV locally and by satellite on 3ABN, Amazing Facts Television, and Hope Channel.
Batchelor is married to Karen Batchelor and has five children. His hobbies include guitar, scuba diving, quad riding, and racquetball. He has also inherited his father's love of aviation, and is a licensed pilot.
Doug Batchelor is the author of many books, including:
- The Richest Caveman: The Doug Batchelor Story
- To See the King
- How to Survive and Thrive in Church
- At Jesus' Feet: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
- The Armor Of God
- The Christian And Alcohol
- The Name of God
- The Sign of Jonah
- The Ultimate Resource
- Understanding Tongues
- Who is Michael the Archangel?
- God's role for Women in Ministry
- Anything But Secret
- Compromise, Conformity, and Courage
- Determining The Will of God
- Teach Us To Pray
- Spiritual Israel (coauthored with Steve Wohlberg)
- World of Wonders Devotional
- Wisdom for Life Devotional
- Shadows of Light: Seeing Jesus in all the Bible
- Published July 31 2002, George Batchelor obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- The New York Times, July 29, 1992, Ruth Batchelor Obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- Review: God on My Side - Andrew Denton". Signs of the Times website (Australian version), November 2006
- Doug Batchelor on National Geographic
- Amazing Facts On The Discovery Channel
- Batchelor, Doug (1990). The Doug Batchelor Story : From Caveman to Christian. Nampa, ID: Pacific Press Publishing Association. p. 128. ISBN 0-8163-0876-4.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). The Richest Caveman - The Doug Batchelor Story. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 128. ISBN 0-8163-0876-4.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). To See the King. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 94.
- Batchelor, Doug (1998). How to Survive and Thrive in Church.
- Batchelor, Doug (December 2000). At Jesus' Feet - The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene. Hagerstown, MD: Review and Herald Publishing Association. p. 186. ISBN 0-8280-1591-0.
- Amazing Facts Official Website
- Amazing Facts TV
- Information about Doug Batchelor
- The Richest Caveman - The Doug Batchelor Story
- Listen to Doug Batchelor sermons in streaming audio
|Amazing Facts Speaker/President
1994 - present