Doug Gatewood is a Democratic member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 1st district. First elected to the House in 1998, he has previously served as mayor and city council member in Columbus.
Governor Kathleen Sebelius appointed Gatewood to serve on the Kansas Technology Enterprise Corporation, which encourages technology based economic development. Additionally, he has been a small business owner for over 30 years, and has also been active in the local Chamber of Commerce and Lyons Club.
- Vision 2020
- Transportation and Public Safety Budget
The top 5 donors to Gatewood's 2008 campaign came from construction firms and individual donors:
- 1. Heckert Construction $1,000
- 2. Webb, Richard $1,000
- 3. Kansas Contractors Assoc $879
- 4. Kansas Hospital Assoc $750
- 5. Ruffin, Phil $700
- Kansas Legislature - Doug Gatewood
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Kansas House Democrats profile
- Follow the Money campaign contributions: