|Born||December 23, 1965|
|Origin||Cleveland, Ohio, United States|
|Instruments||guitar, vocals, bass, piano, keyboards, drums, percussion, melodica,|
Doug Gillard (born December 23, 1965 in Sandusky, Ohio) is a guitarist and songwriter from Cleveland, Ohio who has performed with bands and artists such as Death Of Samantha, Gem, Cobra Verde, Guided by Voices, Richard Buckner, Children's Crusade, Starvation Army, Yuji Oniki, My Dad is Dead, The Mice, Bill Fox, Fence Lions, Zest Of Yore, Stewart Pack, Nada Surf, The Oranges Band, and as a solo artist. Gillard attended schools in Elyria, Ohio, but moved to Cleveland after graduating high school. During the late 1980s he was a DJ for WCSB. Gillard has also scored several independent films, including American Cannibal. Gillard presently lives in New York and is an active touring guitarist for Nada Surf.
As Doug Gillard:
- Cover Songs With Big Heads (self released cassette EP – sold mail order by Scat Records) (1985)
- It'll Be Such A Thrill (self released cassette – sold mail order by Scat Records) (1990) - songs from ages 5 to 9.
- Malamute Jute (EP - Cushion Records) (1999)
- Creative Process 473 (motion picture soundtrack) (2003)
Contains 10 songs for soundtrack written and performed by Doug Gillard plus 3 bonus original songs not on soundtrack.
- Salamander (Pink Frost)(2004) distributed by Redeye Distribution, Inc.
- Call From Restricted (347 Records)(2008 - digital; 2009 - physical CD).
Contains 13 new songs recorded in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Brooklyn, NY.
- Doug Gillard's Official Site
- Doug Gillard on MySpace.com
- Doug Gillard at the Internet Movie Database
- "Facing the Music" by Jason Bracelin, Cleveland Scene, April 6, 2005
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|