Doug McKenzie (magician)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (November 2009)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2009)|
|Born||June 19th, 1980
|Occupation||Magician, Pickpocket, Magic Consultant, TV Producer|
Doug McKenzie (born June 19, 1980 in Stirling, Scotland) is a magician, magic consultant, and magic television producer based in New York City. His style of magic often merges classical sleight of hand techniques with new technologies. He specializes in both close-up magic and pickpocketing.
- In 2006, he stole former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's watch from his wrist in clear view of his 6 person security detail. The Mickey Mantle collector's watch was later auctioned back to Mayor Giuliani to raise money for charity. McKenzie was also able to steal musician John Mayer's watch. 
- In 2010, McKenzie made an appearance on the Comical Radio Show. In the show, McKenzie changed George Washington's face on a one dollar bill to that of the show's host Danny Lobell. 
- In 2011, McKenzie was asked to perform for some of the top NBA stars before their pickup game in Baltimore. A short segment of the performance was filmed with LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul. The YouTube video of the performance received over 50,000 hits in its first week.
- In 2011, McKenzie made an appearance on the Australian television show Hamish and Andy's Gap Year. In the show, he successfully helped Hamish Blake gain membership to the Magic Castle in LA. 
In January 2009, McKenzie became the Magic Director for the Conjuring Arts Research Center's Hocus Pocus Project. The project teaches magic to disadvantaged youth and adults. HPP is not magic entertainment, but magic education. The goal of the program is to empower participants by introducing them to fun and accessible magic effects that, with some effort, they will master and be able to share in other settings. As of 2011, the project runs in a Juvenile Detention Center and a number of hospitals (both adult and children) in the New York City area with plans to expand its footprint nationwide. 
Doug McKenzie has released three of his effects for other magicians to learn:
- Phoneomenon – A prediction appears on a stranger's cell phone in a number of ways. Featured both in Marco Tempest and David Blaine's television specials and a Nokia mobile phone commercial.
- The Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch – A $1 bill visibly transforms into a $100 bill.
- Flicker – A coin production with seemly empty hands
Production, Consulting, and Television Credits
- Dynamo:Magician Impossible (2011) Starring Dynamo (Magic Consultant) 
- Drowned Alive ABC 2 hour television special (5/8/06) starring David Blaine (Head Magic Consultant)
- The Virtual Magician television series (Season 1 and 2) starring Marco Tempest (Producer and Head Magic Consultant)
- The Glass Menagerie Broadway Show starring Jessica Lange and Christian Slater (Magic Consultant) 
- McKenzie was the head magic consultant and producer for David Blaine's prime-time television special, that aired on ABC, September 24, 2008. David lived upside down on a high wire in New York's Central Park from September 22 – September 24 followed by a "Dive of Death."
- Official Website
- Doug McKenzie's YouTube Channel
- Doug McKenzie at the Internet Movie Database
- Information about Doug McKenzie at the Pandora Group Company Website