|No. 96 St. Louis Rams|
|Date of birth:||August 10, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Buffalo, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||318 lb (144 kg)|
|High school:||Athol Springs (NY) St. Francis|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 7 / Pick: 242|
|Roster status:||Practice Squad|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Stats at NFL.com
Doug Worthington, Jr. (born August 10, 1987) is an American football defensive tackle for the St. Louis Rams. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the seventh round, with the 242nd overall pick, of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at Ohio State University, but previously played football at St. Francis High School in Athol Springs, New York.
Worthington was drafted in the seventh round by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 NFL draft. The Steelers signed him to a four-year contract. Worthington was waived on September 4, 2010, but signed to the practice squad two days later. On September 7, 2010, Worthington was released.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On November 3, 2010, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed Worthington to their practice squad. On December 29, 2010, Worthington was promoted to the active 53-man roster. Worthington was released on August 5, 2011.
On August 7, 2011, the Washington Redskins signed Worthington. Worthington was waived on September 3, 2011, but signed to the practice squad two days later. On December 20, 2011, Worthington was promoted to the Redskins' 53-man active roster. He didn't play any games in the 2011 season.
Worthington was released on August 31, 2012 for final cuts before the start of the 2012 season. The next day after not being claimed off waivers, he was re-signed to the team's practice squad. On September 17, he was promoted to the active roster again to replace Adam Carriker, who was placed on the injured reserve list after suffering a quad injury in Week 2 against the St. Louis Rams. He made his NFL debut in Week 4 against his former team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Redskins waived-injured Worthington on June 12, 2013 due to a biceps tendon injury. The next day he cleared waivers and was placed on the team's injured reserve.
San Diego Chargers
St. Louis Rams
- "Doug Worthington". sbnation.com. Retrieved 2012-01-02.
- Bucs add DT's Practice Squad
- "Buccaneers promote Doug Worthington". NationalFootballPost.com. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- "Bucs sign DE Tim Crowder, QB Crompton, release two others". TampaBay.com. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- Jones, Mike (August 7, 2011). "Redskins sign defensive tackle Doug Worthington". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-08-07.
- Jones, Mike (December 20, 2011). "Redskins add DE Doug Worthington, TE Rob Myers to roster, cut TE Dominique Byrd". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- Campbell, Rich (August 31, 2012). "Redskins reducing their roster to 53 on Friday". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Jones, Mike (September 1, 2012). "Redskins add CB Crezdon Butler to round out 53-man roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- Jones, Mike (September 17, 2012). "Brian Orakpo, Adam Carriker done for season". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- Tinsman, Brian (September 18, 2012). "Worthington, White Signed To Bolter Defense". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Campbell, Rich (September 18, 2012). "LB Markus White, DL Doug Worthington to replace Brian Orakpo, Adam Carriker on Redskins' roster". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Jones, Mike (June 12, 2013). "Redskins waive DE Worthington and TE Peterson, add WR Henderson, K Potter". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- El-Bashir, Tarik (June 13, 2013). "Redskins release FB Boyce, get to 90 player maximum". CSNWashington.com. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- Carroll, Chuck (February 7, 2014). "Redskins Re-sign DE Worthington To One-Year Deal". 106.7 The Fan. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- Jones, Mike (February 7, 2014). "Redskins re-sign DE Doug Worthington". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Jones, Mike. "Redskins sign TE Matt Veldman, release DE Doug Worthington". Washington Post. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- Twitter / Chargers: We've signed DT Doug Worthington. DE Damik Scafe will be waived injured today.
- Williams, Eric (August 18, 2014). "Bolts bolster D-line depth, sign Worthington". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- St. Louis Rams Add DT Doug Worthington to Practice Squad
- Wagoner, Nick (December 31, 2014). "Rams add seven to offseason roster". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.