Hamilton in 2014 as a member of the Boston Bruins.
June 17, 1993 |
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
|Weight||212 lb (96 kg; 15 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team||Boston Bruins|
|NHL Draft||9th overall, 2011
Dougie Jonathan Hamilton (born June 17, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenseman currently playing for the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League. He was selected ninth overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He was raised in Toronto, Ontario.
His parents Doug and Lynn were both members of Team Canada for the 1984 Summer Olympics (in rowing and basketball, respectively). His brother Freddie is a 2010 San Jose Sharks draft pick. Freddie, like Dougie, has played for the Niagara IceDogs.
Hamilton attended Crestwood Preparatory College for grade 9 and Governor Simcoe Secondary School for grades 10-12. He played minor midget for the St. Catharines Falcons of the OMHA's South Central AAA League and was selected by his hometown Niagara Ice Dogs in the 2nd round (27th overall) of the 2009 OHL Priority Selection.
On January 19, 2013, he made his NHL debut for the Bruins in a 3-1 victory against the New York Rangers,  and two games later, on January 23, Hamilton scored his first NHL point for an assist in an overtime win against the Rangers in Madison Square Garden. On February 15, 2013, Hamilton scored his first career NHL goal against Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres.
Hamilton made his Stanley Cup Playoffs debut on May 3rd, 2013, replacing defense-man Andrew Ference, who was serving a one-game suspension for his illegal hit on Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski.
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||St. Catharines Falcons Min. Midget||OMHA||67||20||33||53||26||—||—||—||—||—|
Notable awards and honours
- CHL Scholastic Player of the Year (2010–11)
- OHL Bobby Smith Trophy (2010–11)
- OHL Max Kaminsky Trophy (2011–12)
- NHL NESN Boston Bruins 7th Player Award (2012–13)
- Governor Simcoe
- "Dougie Hamilton signed to three-year contract by Bruins". Boston.com. 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Russo, Eric (January 24, 2013). "Hamilton's Coming Out Party". BostonBruins.com. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- Associated Press (February 15, 2013). "Bruins vs. Sabres - 02/15/2013". BostonBruins.com.
- "Hamilton named NESN's seventh player". Boston Bruins. 2013-04-25. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- "CHL announces 2011 Award winners". Canadian Hockey League. 2011-05-01. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- Dougie Hamilton's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Dougie Hamilton's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Boston Bruins first round draft pick