Douglas & McIntyre
|Parent company||Douglas and McIntyre (2013) Ltd.|
|Founder||Jim Douglas and Scott McIntyre|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Key people||Howard and Mary White|
|Imprints||Douglas & McIntyre|
Douglas & McIntyre is an imprint of the Canadian book publishing firm Douglas and McIntyre (2013) Ltd. and is the publisher of such noted authors as Douglas Coupland, poet Robert Bringhurst, anthropologist Wade Davis, chef Rob Feenie, artist Bill Reid and the journalist Susan Delacourt. Its full titles list stands at over 1000, with over 500 active titles. Douglas & McIntyre was founded by James Douglas and Scott McIntyre in 1971 as an independent publishing company based in Vancouver. Reorganized with new owners in 2008 as D&M Publishers Inc., it bought New Society Publishers and became one of Canada's largest independent book publishers. In 2011 the company ran into financial difficulties and in October 2012 filed a Notice of Intention (NOI) under the Canadian bankruptcy act.
D&M Publishers sold off its imprints while under NOI protection; New Society returned to its previous owners, the imprint Greystone Books was sold to a group headed by Heritage House Publishing and set up as a stand-alone company called Greystone Books Ltd. while the original Douglas & McIntyre list was sold to the owners of Harbour Publishing who placed it under a new independent company, Douglas and McIntyre (2013) Ltd. In its new configuration, Douglas & McIntyre continues to publish a wide-ranging list of Canadian books of regional, national and international interest distributed in Canada by Harper-Collins Canada and internationally by Publishers Group West.
- Douglas & McIntyre author list
- Montreal Gazette
- Douglas & McIntyre About page
- "Douglas & McIntyre owner files for bankruptcy". CBC News. October 22, 2012. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- Heritage House Publishing Acquires Greystone Books
- D&M Publishers Finds Buyer for Douglas & McIntyre Imprint
- D&M's New Society Imprint Sold
- Douglas & McIntyre corporate website
- Douglas & McIntyre author website for Barbara Hodgson
- A publisher who isn't waiting for a miracle BC Business 1991 profile of Douglas & McIntyre co-founder Scott McIntyre
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|