Douglas Flat, California
The Douglas Flat School, built in 1854.
|Elevation||1,965 ft (599 m)|
Douglas Flat (formerly, Douglasflat and Douglass Flat) is an unincorporated community in Calaveras County, California. It lies at an elevation of 1965 feet (599 m) and is located at . The community is in ZIP code 95229 and area code 209.
Douglas Flat was a roaring mining camp of the early 1850s. In 1857 the Harper and Lone Star Claims produced $130,000 worth of gold. The so-called Central Hill Channel, an ancient river deposit from which vast quantities of gold have been taken, is located here.
In the state legislature, Douglas Flat is in the 8th Senate District, represented by Democrat Leland Yee, and the 5th Assembly District, represented by Republican Frank Bigelow. Federally, Douglas Flat is in California's 4th congressional district, represented by Republican Tom McClintock.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Douglas Flat, California
- "Douglas Flat". Office of Historic Preservation, California State Parks. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Quill Driver Books. p. 767. ISBN 9781884995149.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "California's 4th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
|This Calaveras County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|