Flint at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in 2012
8 July 1955 |
Scotland, United Kingdom
|Other names||范智廉 (Chinese name)|
|Alma mater||University of Glasgow|
|Occupation||Group Chairman, HSBC Holdings plc|
Flint graduated with a bachelor's degree with honours in Accounting from the University of Glasgow. Flint is a member of a number of professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, the British Association of Corporate Treasurers professional body and most recently, Institute of International Finance, where he now serves as Chairman of the Board. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
Flint started his career in Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. (now KPMG), and was appointed a partner of the firm in 1988. He has an in depth knowledge of banking, treasury and securities trading operations, financial reporting of multinationals. He became Group Finance Director of HSBC in 1995.
Flint was the Chairman of the Financial Reporting Council's review of the Turnbull Guidance on Internal Control from 2004 to 2005 and was a member of The Accounting Standards Board and the Standards Advisory Council of the International Accounting Standards Committee Foundation from 2001 to 2004. In June 2006, in recognition to his services to the finance industry, he was honoured with a CBE (Commander of the British Empire).
- "Executive Biography: Douglas J Flint". HSBC Holdings plc. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- Wilson, Harry (23 Sep 2010). "Douglas Flint: HSBC's 'safe pair of hands'". Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- Kevin Reed (2006-06-22). "Wyman and Flint lead honours". Accountancy Age.
- Rupert Steiner (24 September 2010). "Douglas Flint takes top job amid HSBC drama". Associated Newspapers Ltd.
- "Europe's top bank names new management". The Sydney Morning Herald. September 25, 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2011.
- James Quinn (02 Jan 2011). "Banks plead for guidance on bonuses set to total £7bn". Telegraph Media Group Limited.
- Ben Perry (September 25, 2010). "Europe's top bank HSBC unveils boardroom shake-up". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Jill Treanor (23 September 2010). "HSBC chief Mike Geoghegan ousted after brutal boardroom battle". guardian.co.uk.
|Group Chairman of HSBC Group