Douglas Harriman Kennedy
|Douglas Harriman Kennedy|
March 24, 1967 |
|Spouse(s)||Molly Elizabeth Stark|
|Children||Riley Elizabeth, Mary McCauley, Rowen Francis, George Skakel, Anthony Boru|
|Parent(s)||Robert Francis Kennedy and Ethel Skakel|
Life and career
Kennedy graduated from Georgetown Preparatory School and Brown University and began his career as a print journalist with The Nantucket Beacon and later The New York Post. As an investigative reporter for the Post, Kennedy obtained the first interview with the officer who arrested Oklahoma City bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh and broke numerous other health care and metropolitan area stories.
He joined Fox News Channel as a general assignment reporter in August 1996 and hosts a bi-weekly program on the network, Douglas Kennedy’s American Stories. While at Fox News, he covered the Presidential elections of 1996, 2000, and 2004, as well as Hurricane Katrina.
In 2006, while working as a correspondent for the Fox News show The Big Story, he commented on the controversy over whether the film of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin's last moments should be shown, noting that he and his siblings "had to grow up with" repeatedly seeing broadcasts and video clips of Kennedy's own father's death. He said that in Irwin's case, it would be really "unnecessary and in very poor taste."
On November 20, 2012, Kennedy was acquitted of misdemeanor physical harassment and child endangerment charges in connection with a January 7, 2012 altercation with two nurses at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco, New York, two days after his son, Anthony Boru, was born there. Kennedy attempted to take his infant off the maternity ward for some fresh air, which two nurses said was against hospital policy, and who claimed that he physically assaulted them when they tried to stop him from doing so. Kennedy was separately investigated by New York child welfare authorities following the incident, but social workers found no signs of child abuse in his home and declared the allegations unfounded in March 2012.
- Daily News (New York) http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-02-25/news/31099346_1_stefan-friedman-maternity-ward-douglas-kennedy. Missing or empty
- Fox News Biography of Doug Kennedy dated July 14, 2006; accessed September 18, 2006.[dead link]
- Should Video of 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin's Death Be Released? September 5, 2006 AP report on Fox site; must click "video" link in sidebar to see Kennedy's remarks. Video initially broadcast September 5, 2006. Accessed online September 18, 2006.[dead link]
- "Douglas Kennedy, son of RFK, acquitted in NY maternity ward scuffle involving his newborn son". The Associated Press. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- "Douglas Kennedy, son of RFK, acquitted in NY maternity ward scuffle involving his newborn son". The Washington Post. Associated Press. Retrieved November 20, 2012.[dead link]
- http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-kennedy-20120226,0,3854060.story. Missing or empty
- Cusano, Art. "Northern Westchester Hospital Defends Nurses in Kennedy Incident". The Tarrytown Daily Voice. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- Birsh, Alex. "Published Report: Kennedy, Nurses Clash At Northern Westchester Hospital". The Yorktown Daily Voice. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/AP-source-NY-finds-no-child-abuse-of-Kennedy-heir-3458994.php. Missing or empty