The Rt Rev Douglas Mackenzie, DD, MA was an Anglican Bishop in the second half of the 19th century.
He was educated at St Albans School and Peterhouse, Cambridge. A noted mathematician, he rose to the rank of Archdeacon before his appointment as the second Bishop of Zululand. He remained Bishop of Zululand until his death from fever in February 1890. After his death a memorial to him was erected at St Peter’s, Raunds.
- ^ Distinguished Churchmen
- ^ The Times, Saturday, Nov 20, 1880; pg. 4; Issue 30044; col G
- ^ Obituaries The Times Friday, Jan 17, 1890; pg. 9; Issue 32911; col F
- ^ "Mckenzie, Douglas". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- ^ KwaZulu National heritage Sites
- ^ The Times, Friday, Jul 29, 1859; pg. 12; Issue 23371; col D Cape Of Good Hope
- ^ Diocesan Web Site
- ^ University of the Witwatersrand
- ^ South Africa News The Times Thursday, Jan 16, 1890; pg. 5; Issue 32910; col B
- ^ The Times, Monday, Dec 07, 1891; pg. 10; Issue 33501; col A Ecclesiastical Intelligence