||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Douglas Robert Stevens was inducted as Rector of the parish of Mt Gravatt, Diocese of Brisbane, on 1 December 2012. 
Education and early career
Born in Wollongong, New South Wales, Stevens grew up in Gateshead, Newcastle, New South Wales. He was drawn to the church as a boy and felt called to ordained ministry after high school. After initially studying commerce and working for Fell & Starkey (chartered accountants) he completed a BA in education, classics and philosophy at Newcastle University and then studied theology at St John's College, Morpeth.
Ordained in 1979, he served in Newcastle, Merriwa, Wingham, Nambucca Heads and Tweed Heads. He completed a master's degree in ecumenical theology at Trinity College, University of Dublin in Ireland in 1985.
Bishop of Riverina
Bishop Stevens attended the Lambeth Conference in 2008. He was a member of the Australian Anglican Bishops’ Conference. Bishop Stevens resigned as Bishop of Riverina on 11 November 2012 and accepted a parish appointment in the Diocese of Brisbane. 
- Australian Anglican Directory, Doncaster Heights, Victoria : Angela Grutzner, 2009, p.375.
- "Our History" at St Cuthbert's church website. Accessed 8 July 2010.
- Who's Who2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- "Ninth Bishop of Riverina". Anglican Diocese of Riverina. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- "Minutes of the Meeting of the Standing Committee of General Synod held at the Chevalier Centre, Kensington, on Sunday 18 & 19 November 2005", p. 3. Found at Anglican Church of Australia website. Accessed 8 July 2010.
- "It's now Doctor Doug Stevens!" (PDF). The North Coast Anglican. The Anglican Diocese of Grafton. Archived from the original on 2007-08-31. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Matthew Davies, "Pre-Lambeth Conference Hospitality Initiative 'sets positive tone' for bishops and spouses," 17 July 2008, Episcopal Life Online. Found at Episcopal Church website. Accessed 8 July 2010.
- "Charge to Synod", Anglican Diocese of Newcastle, p. 23, found at Anglican Diocese of Newcastle website. Accessed 8 July 2010.
|Bishop of Riverina
2005 – present