Douglas Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|• Total||44.72 sq mi (115.8 km2)|
|• Land||44.65 sq mi (115.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||653 ft (199 m)|
|• Density||47.1/sq mi (18.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60930, 60938, 60955, 60959, 60970|
|GNIS feature ID||0428907|
Douglas Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,104 and it contained 923 housing units. Douglas Township was formed from a portion of Onarga Township in May 1858.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 44.72 square miles (115.8 km2), of which 44.65 square miles (115.6 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.16%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Wenger Cemetery and St. Mary's Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Kuiper Landing Strip
- Crescent Iroquois Community Unit School District 249
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Tri Point Community Unit School District 6-J
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Douglas Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Brenton Township, Ford County
Pella Township, Ford County
|Ridgeland Township||Onarga Township|