Douglas Uggah Embas
|Yang Berhormat Dato' Sri
Douglas Uggah Embas
|Malaysian Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities|
16 May 2013
|Preceded by||Bernard Dompok|
|Malaysian Minister for Natural Resources and Environment|
18 March 2008 – 3 April 2013
|Preceded by||Azmi Khalid|
|Succeeded by||G. Palanivel|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament for Betong, Sarawak|
|Political party||PBB—Barisan Nasional|
|Alma mater||University of Malaya
Bachelor's Degree (Economics)
Member of Parliament
Dato' Sri Douglas Uggah Embas is a Malaysian politician. He is currently the Member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Betong constituency in Sarawak, representing the United Traditional Bumiputera Party (PBB). He is the Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities in the Barisan Nasional government.
Uggah was appointed to the Cabinet after the 2008 election, to replace Azmi Khalid as Minister for Natural Resources and Environment. He had previously served in non-Cabinet government posts such as Deputy Minister for Transport, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister.
Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities
Uggah's aims after being appointed as Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister will bring the commodity market into higher level and to a wider market.
|1986||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||8,052||64%||Wilfred Gomez Azarias Malong (IND)||2,433||19%|
|1990||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||9,178||74%||Musa Jamaluddin (PERMAS)||2,005||16%|
|1995||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||Unopposed|
|1999||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||Unopposed|
|2004||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||11,618||85%||Abang Zulkifli Abang Engkeh (SNAP)||1,895||14%|
|2008||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||13,708||86%||Edmund Stanley Jugol (SNAP)||1,999||13%|
|2013||Douglas Uggah Embas (PBB)||15,476||88%||Cecilia Siti Una (PKR)||4,589||20%|
- "Douglas Uggah Embas, Y.B. Datuk" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Uggah aims to break the record". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 25 March 2008. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "MAS to raise fares in bid to avoid losses". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 23 November 2005. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "No plan to make voting compulsory". New Straits Times (New Straits Times Press). 27 October 1992. Retrieved 16 April 2010.[dead link]
- "Douglas Uggah Appointed As Minister Of Plantation Industries And Commodities". BERNAMA. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Douglas Uggah Aims To Bring Commodity Market To Higher Level". BERNAMA. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 14 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout, including votes for third parties. Results before 1986 election unavailable.