||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2012)|
DovBer Pinson is a modern Kabbalist, scholar, philosopher and spiritual teacher, living in Brooklyn, New York. He is a prolific author, lecturer, and scholar of Jewish philosophy, Kabbalah, and mysticism.
Born in Crown Heights, Pinson is greatly influenced by the traditions of Chassidus, Lurianic philosophy and mysticism, and the rational thinking of Maimonides. He is rosh yeshiva of The Iyyun Yeshiva, a Jewish religious school for adults which is part of the IYYUN Center, which he founded as a global center for the teachings and dissemination of Jewish wisdom and Kabbalah.
Pinson is an original thinker who displays "remarkable erudition"  with a gift for blending rational and critical thinking with deep mystical understanding. Brilliant, down to earth and charming, he has touched thousands with his deep insight and his remarkable ability to bring down ancient wisdom and make it relevant today. Because of his unique ability, he has been called a "Rashi" of contemporary culture. At a young age he was already considered one of the world's leading scholars of Kabbalah and Jewish philosophy, featured on the cover of the book, 3-Minute Discourses on Kabbalah by Leading Jewish Scholars.
Pinson is a "prolific author, spiritual mentor, and kabbalist", and is one of the most sought after lecturers on Kabbalah and Jewish philosophy. He has lectured in both scholarly and lay settings throughout the world. He travels extensively, teaching and giving seminars, and his monthly internet essays on spirituality, Kabbalah, and philosophy reach tens of thousands worldwide.
- Publishers Weekly. Sep 1999
- Publisher: Aronson April 2001: ISBN 978-0-7657-6194-1
- Reincarnation and Judaism: The Journey of the Soul (1999) ISBN 978-0-7657-6064-7
- Inner Rhythms: The Kabbalah of Music (1999) ISBN 978-0-7657-6098-2
- Meditation and Judaism: Exploring the Jewish Meditative Paths (2004) ISBN 978-0-7657-0006-3
- Toward the Infinite: The Way of Kabbalistic Meditation (2005) ISBN 978-0-7425-4512-0
- Jewish Wisdom on the Afterlife: The Mysteries, The Myths, and The Meanings (2005) ASIN B0015IL6EA
- Thirty -Two Gates of Wisdom: Awakening Through Kabbalah (2006) ISBN 978-1-934730-24-9
- Upsherin: Exploring a Boys first hair cut & the spiritual nature of hair(2007) ISBN 978-1-934730-33-1
- Eight Lights: 8 Meditation for Chanukah (2007) ISBN 097866637
- The Purim Reader: The Holiday of Purim Explored (2007)ISBN 978-1460955383
- The Iyyun Haggadah: An Introduction to the Haggadah(2008) ISBN 10: 1460949838
- The Mystery of Kaddish (2012) ISBN 098520110X
- Passport to Kabbalah: A Journey of Inner Transformation(2012) ISBN 0615625665
- RECLAIMING THE SELF: ON THE PATHWAY OF TESHUVAH(2012) ISBN 0978666364
- The Four Species: The Symbolism of the Lulav & Esrog & Intentions for the Lulav MovementsISBN 0985201142
- The Garden of Paradox: The Essence of Non Dual Kabbalah in three conversations(2013) ISBN 0985201134
- Tefillin: Wrapped in Majesty (2013) ISBN 0985201185
- A Bond for Eternity: Understanding the Bris Milah (2013) ISBN 0985201193
- Official site of the Iyyun Institute
- "Into the Heart of Kabbalah: My Year with the Rabbi"
- "Judaism, Meditation and The B-Word", book review by The Forward
- "Patrolling the Borders of Truth: Meditation and Judaism", book review by Jewish journal Zeek
- "Yogis merge traditions", by the Jewish Independent
- "Contemplative Judaism", on Pinson, Kaplan, and others in Ziggurat, the journal of religion at Brown University
- Chabad articles by DovBer Pinson
- My Jewish Learning
- Jewish Wisdom on the Afterlife
- Open Center
- Best Thinking