Dover High School (New Hampshire)
|Dover Senior High School|
Arched entrance to Dover High School
|25 Alumni Dr.
|Grades||High school (9-12)|
|Number of students||1317|
|Mascot||The Green Wave|
In 2005, DHS became a New Hampshire School of Excellence.
Of the 308 graduates in the class of 2014, 50% went on to a four-year college and 24% went on to a two-year college, while 22% proceeded directly to employment and 4% joined the military. The mean SAT scores for this class were 510 in Critical Reading, 513 in Math, and 492 in Writing. The official student-run newspaper of the Dover High School community is The Tide, founded in 2006.
Dover High School also has notable robotics teams, Shockwave (FRC), Nebula(2013-14) (FTC), and Frostbyte(2013-14) (FTC). Shockwave has earned the engineering inspiration award and has one of the most successful designs for the Aerial Assist 2013-2014 season. Shockwave is sponsored by Maker, Comcast, NASA, Argentech Solutions, and more.
- Joseph C. McConnell, top-scoring American jet fighter ace during the Korean War; awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and the Silver Star
- Jenny Thompson, whose twelve Olympic swimming medals makes her one of the most decorated Olympic athletes of all time
- Michael Weeden, second youngest member in New Hampshire history to serve in the New Hampshire House of Representatives Also notable for causing a motor vehicle accident on Sixth Street that killed an 87-year-old man, and being tried for Aggravated Felonious Sexual Assault (sodomy).
- Dover High School Online "Dover High School". Dover High School. 22 Nov 2014. Retrieved 6 Dec 2014.
- The Dover Tide
- "Dover state rep. pushes to have state quit 'No Child Left Behind': But wants to amend bill to let state opt out of portions only". Foster's Daily Democrat. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Sandbach School". www.school-portal.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-05.
|This New Hampshire school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|