Dover Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Dover Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
Location of Dover Township in Fulton County
|• Total||21.5 sq mi (55.6 km2)|
|• Land||21.5 sq mi (55.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
|• Density||68.4/sq mi (26.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086123|
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chesterfield Township - north
- Pike Township - east
- York Township - southeast corner
- Clinton Township - south
- German Township - southwest corner
- Franklin Township - west
- Gorham Township - northwest corner
It is one of only two townships in the county without a border on another county.
Fulton County Airport, KUSE, is located in the eastern part of the township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.