||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
November 20, 1978 |
Tel Aviv, Israel
|Residence||Malibu, California, United States|
|Alma mater||Ben Gurion University, UCLA Anderson School of Management|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, and President of SG, LLC.|
Born in Tel Aviv, Israel to an eastern European family of Holocaust survivors, Frances served as a Company Commander (Captain) in the Israeli Defense Force stationed in the Gaza Strip and Negev Desert. After his military service in 2000, he was a Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Mitsubishi Motors and Hyundai Motor Company's largest subsidiaries in Israel. In 2005, Frances earned his dual BA from the Ben Gurion University in Business Administration and Psychology and graduated in June 2008 with a Masters in Business Administration in Finance and Marketing from UCLA Anderson School of Management. Following UCLA, he joined Deutsche Bank as a private banker in their Los Angeles office.
In 2010 Frances founded SG, LLC, a global advisory firm that operates in the US, Russia, and Israel. The firm provides high-net-worth clients with unique solutions to their complex financial needs. Since 2010, SG has facilitated over 940 Million USD in completed transactions through its Lending, Insurance, and Operations Divisions. The firm has also directly invested over 240 Million USD through its Alternative Investments and Asset Management Divisions.
On January 1, 2012, Frances formed SG VC as the Alternative Investment arm of SG, LLC. SG VC is a venture capital firm focusing mostly on early stage technology companies based in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Israel.
Since its inception SG VC has invested in some of Silicon Valley's most prominent companies alongside renowned angels and VC's such as Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors, Yuri Milner's DST & Start Fund, Joe Lonesdale's Formation 8, Sequoia, Union Square Ventures, Oren Zeev, and many more.
Frances serves as an advisor to RosEvro Development, RosevroBank, 7Flowers, Genzum Life Sciences and Addepar. Frances also serves as a director on the board of the Jewish charity organization, Jewish Graduate Student Initiative (JGSI).
Guinness World Record
On March 13, 2014, Frances and his firm, SG, LLC were recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records for selling the world's largest life insurance policy. The $201 million life insurance policy more than doubled the previous world record, a $100 million policy sold by Peter Rosengard for media mogul David Geffen.
- PR Newswire. Businessweek. (February 1, 2011). "Dovi Frances named President of SG Acquisitions". Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- Danielle Berrin, The Jewish Journal (April 25, 2011). "The Art of Success". Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- Wealth Management News. "Wealth Management News". Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- "SG, LLC Services".
- "GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS NEWS SERVICE: MYSTERY BILLIONAIRE TAKES OUT HISTORIC $201 MILLION LIFE INSURANCE POLICY".
- Robehmed, Natalie. "Forbes: Mystery Billionaire Buys Record-Breaking $201 Million Life Insurance Policy".
- "CNBC: Tech billionaire buys record-setting $201 million insurance policy".
- "Business Insider".
- Kelner, Simon (June 13, 2013). "Independent". The Independent (London).