Down Home (song)
|Single by Alabama|
|from the album Pass It On Down|
|B-side||"Goodbye (Kelly's Song)"|
|Released||February 4, 1991|
Larry Michael Lee
|Alabama singles chronology|
"Down Home" is a song written by Rick Bowles and Josh Leo, and recorded by American country music band Alabama. It was released in February 1991 as the fourth single from their album Pass It On Down. The song hit number one on the Hot Country Singles chart in April 1991.
"Down Home" is about the narrator telling the story of his childhood growing up in a rural area or a small town ("Just off of the beaten path/A little dot on a state road map/That's where I was born and where I'll die"). The song continues by paying homage to the generally tighter knit social integrity of such rural developments ("Down home, where they know you by name and treat you like family/Down home, a man's good word and a hand shake/Are all you need").
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||16|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||8|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 19. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "allmusic ((( Pass It on Down > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles )))". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1508." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 4, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Alabama Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alabama.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1991". RPM. December 21, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Best of 1991: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
"Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House"
by Garth Brooks
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
April 13-April 27, 1991
by Dolly Parton with Ricky Van Shelton
"Heroes and Friends"
by Randy Travis
|RPM Country Tracks
May 4-May 11, 1991
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|