Down on the Farm (song)
|"Down on the Farm"|
|Single by Tim McGraw|
|from the album Not a Moment Too Soon|
|Released||July 11, 1994|
Kerry Kurt Phillips
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"Down on the Farm" is a song written by Jerry Laseter and Kerry Kurt Phillips, and performed by American country music artist Tim McGraw. It was released in July 1994 as the third single from his album Not a Moment Too Soon. It peaked at number 2 in the United States, and number 3 in Canada.
Billboard Magazine called the song a "backwoods party song."
The music video takes place in Tim McGraw's home state Louisiana. It features him singing to a crowd. It was directed by his usual director of choice Sherman Halsey, who directed almost all of his music videos.
"Down on the Farm" debuted at number 67 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 16, 1994.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||44|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
- Billboard December 9, 2000
- Billboard, July 16, 1994
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2625." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 17, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Tim McGraw Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Tim McGraw.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1994". RPM. December 12, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Best of 1994: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|