From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Downs or downs in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Downs or The Downs may refer to:
In the 'hill' context, the word 'down' derives from Celtic (Welsh or Gaelic) dun "hill, hill fort".
- Downland, a geographical feature
- The North Downs and the South Downs, England, as a collective term
- North Wessex Downs AONB, England
- White Horse Hills, England
- The Downs, sea area between Goodwin Sands and the East Kent coast
- The Downs, Bristol, a public open space in Bristol, England
- The Downs, a large grassy area on the University of Nottingham's University Park Campus
- The Downs School (disambiguation), name of three schools
- Downs, Illinois, a village in the United States
- Downs, Kansas, a small city in the United States
- Downs, County Tyrone, a townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland
- Downs, County Laois, a townland in County Laois, Ireland
- Darling Downs, Queensland, a farming region on the western slopes of the Great Dividing Range in southern Queensland
- The Downs, a hilly peninsula in Ferryland, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Down syndrome or Down's Syndrome, a human hereditary/congenital/genetic disorder
- Downs cell, a vessel used for manufacturing pure sodium
- Downs Light Railway, the world's oldest private miniature railway; located in Worcestershire, England
- Downs process, the process for manufacturing pure sodium
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.