Downtown West, Minneapolis
Location of Downtown West within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||0.759 sq mi (1.97 km2)|
|• Density||7,600/sq mi (2,900/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP code||55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55415, 55487|
Downtown West is an official neighborhood in Minneapolis, part of the larger Central community. It is the heart of downtown Minneapolis (and Minneapolis as a whole), containing the bulk of high-rise office buildings in the city, and is what comes to mind when most Minneapolitans think of "downtown". Its boundaries are as follows (going in a clockwise direction): 12th Street to the southwest, 3rd Avenue North, Washington Avenue North, and Hennepin Avenue to the northwest, the Mississippi River to the northeast, and Portland Avenue, 5th Street South, and 5th Avenue South to the southeast. It is bordered by the North Loop, Nicollet Island/East Bank, Downtown East, Elliot Park, and Loring Park neighborhoods. Downtown West is home to most of Minneapolis's most notable buildings like the Foshay Tower. Coordinates: 
- "Downtown West neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55415 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile: Downtown West" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Downtown West, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile - Downtown West
- 7th Ward, City of Minneapolis
- Downtown Minneapolis Neighborhood Association
- Warehouse District Business Association (WDBA)
- Minneapolis Downtown Council
||North Loop||Nicollet Island/East Bank||Marcy-Holmes|
|North Loop||Downtown East|
|Loring Park||Elliot Park|