Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth
|Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth|
|Chancellor||S. M. Krishna, Governor of Maharashtra|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Kishanji lavande|
|Location||Dapoli, Maharashtra, India|
Coordinates: Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth is an agricultural university at Dapoli in Ratnagiri district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was established on May 18, 1972 as Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, and got its present name on February 12, 2001. Its research centre at Karjat has developed some patented varieties of rice. Its major focus areas are rice, horticulture and fisheries. In 1997, it received the Best Institute Award of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
College of Agriculture, Dapoli
The College of Agriculture in the main campus was established in 1965.
- B.Sc. (Agri) - Bachelor of Science (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Hort) - Bachelor of Science (Horticulture)
- B.Sc. (AMM) - Bachelor of Science (Agril Marketing & Business Management)
- B. Tech. (Food Sc.) Bachelor of Technology (Food Science)
- M.Sc. (Agri) Master of Science (Agriculture)
- Ph.D. - Doctor of Philosophy (Agriculture)
College of Forestry, Dapoli
College of Forestry, Dapoli, District Ratnagiri, Maharashtra (India)
In main campus of Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth the College of Forestry was established on 1 August 2005. It offers the B. Sc. Forestry Degree. B. Sc. Forestry is a four-year degree course. There are only Two Forestry College in Maharashtra State, one in Dapoli and another located at Akola, the College of Forestry, Akola (Dr.Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapith, Akola, Maharashtra, India)
Student Profile: The student from this college prefer to do M.Sc. Forestry and Ph.D. Forestry from Indian as well as foreign universities. Many students study for Indian Forest service Examinations, ICAR JRF and SRF Examination. Many students join M.Sc. Forestry courses at Forest research Institute, Dehra Dun.
College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Dapoli
It offers only one course in B. Tech. (Agril Engg). The college of agricultural engineering and technology comprises 6 major Departments:
- Department of Renewable energy Sources
- Department of Farm Machinery and Power
- Department of Irrigation and Drainage
- Department of Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- Department of Agriculture Process Engineering
- Department of Farm Structure
The college was started on 3 July 1999 and recently completed its glorious ten years of excellence. It is the first agricultural university which got the certification of ISO9000-2000. It also offers post graduate (M.Tech) and doctoral degrees in agricultural engineering in all the departments except the Department of Farm Structure from 2004.
College of Fisheries, Ratnagiri
distance 5 km from ratnagiri city. It was established in 1981 and is the only college in the state to offer an undergraduate fisheries programme. Courses offered:
- B. F. Sc.
- M. F. Sc. (Aquaculture)
- M. F. Sc. (Fish Processing Technology)
- M. F. Sc. (Fisheries Resource Management and Extension Education)
- M. F. Sc. ([Fisheries Engineering])
- Ph. D. (Fisheries)and (Aquaculture)
Research and extension
The university carries out extensive research related to rice, fruits, horticulture, fisheries and agricultural technology. It has 15 off-campus research stations throughout the Konkan region. There are two Krishi Vigyan Kendras (Agricultural Science Centres) at Shirgaon (Ratnagiri) and Karjat (Raigad) providing education and training to local farmers.