Dr. Feelgood (song)
|Single by Mötley Crüe|
|from the album Dr. Feelgood|
|Released||August 28, 1989|
|Writer(s)||Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars|
|Mötley Crüe singles chronology|
"Dr. Feelgood" is a song by the American heavy metal band Mötley Crüe. It was released as the first single and is the title track to their fifth album. Although it is the title track, some versions of the album do not include it, such as the Korean edition.
Released in 1989 as the album's first single, "Dr. Feelgood" became Mötley Crüe's first American Top Ten hit, peaking at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 on October 28, 1989. It is their highest ranked single to this day. In November 1989, the single was certified gold by the RIAA for more than 500,000 units shipped in the United States.
A demo of the song was released on the Crücial Crüe edition of the album in 2003 which was sung from the point of view of Dr. Feelgood, i.e., in first person rather than third. An instrumental version of the song appeared in the movie Highlander: The Final Dimension.
The band performed the song live in an episode of the Fox TV show Bones in 2009.
- Vince Neil – lead vocals
- Mick Mars – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Nikki Sixx – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Tommy Lee – drums, backing vocals
- Whitburn, Joel. The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 6th ed, Billboard Publications, Inc. 1996. ISBN 0-8230-7632-6
- "RIAA Gold & Platinum Searchable Database – Motley Crue Singles". Retrieved 2009-07-15.
- "spreadit.org music". Retrieved February 7, 2009.