Dr. Kotō Shinryōjo
|Dr. Kotō Shinryōjo|
|Written by||Takatoshi Yamada|
|Magazine||Weekly Young Sunday,
Big Comic Original
|Original run||2000 – ongoing|
|Original run||2003 – 2006|
Dr. Koto Shinryojo  (Dr.コトー診療所 Dr. Kotō Shinryōjo?, literally Dr. Koto's Clinic) is a manga series by Takatoshi Yamada that was serialized in Shogakukan's Weekly Young Sunday until the magazines cancellation, at that point it moved to Big Comic Original in 2008.
In 2004, it won the Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga. The series was adapted as a live-action Japanese television drama series, titled in English as Dr. Coto's Clinic, which aired between 2003 and 2006 on Fuji Television.
- Kensuke Goto (五島健助 Gotō Kensuke?)
- Drama role by: Hidetaka Yoshioka
- A young, prominent surgeon, who left a prestigious hospital in Tokyo and moved to an isolated island in the southern part of Japan. He works at a clinic there as the only doctor on the island. He was not necessarily welcomed by the islanders first as they had negative experience with former doctors at the clinic. But with his sincere attitude toward the patients and commitment to his work, Kensuke gradually developed good rapport with his patients. "Koto", his nickname, was given to him by a child who met him while on the ferry that took him to the island.
- Shigeo Ando (安藤重男 Andō Shigeo?)
- Drama role by: Shigeru Izumiya
- The leader of the fishermen on the island
- Takehiro Hara (原健裕 Hara Takehiro?)
- Drama role by: Ryo Tomioka
- A boy who respects Dr. Goto and wants to be a doctor
- Shoichi Hoshino
- Drama role by: Kaoru Kobayashi (actor)
- A worker at the Town Office
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|