Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences
|Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences|
|Motto||Vaidyo Narayano Hari|
|Vice-Chancellor||I. V. Rao|
|Location||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India, India|
Dr. N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, formerly Andhra Pradesh University of Health Sciences, is a public university in the city of Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is named after its founder N. T. Rama Rao.
The university was established as University of Health Sciences by the government of Andhra Pradesh and was inaugurated on 9 April by N. T. Rama Rao, the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. It started functioning on 1 November 1986. After the death of Rama Rao, the university was renamed after him on 2 February 1998. The university celebrated its silver jubilee on 1–3 November 2011.
There is a library and computer center from where the library network is operated. A guest house facility is available with different categories of accommodation for the faculty, examiners etc. The examinations section is housed in a separate area with special security; because of electronically controlled access, the section is accessible only to authorized staff and officers. Biometric electronic attendance recording is also installed.
Admission and courses
The admission for the convener quota is based on ranking in the EAMCET.
The university has graduate and postgraduate degrees, diploma and super-specialty courses in Modern Medicine; graduate and postgraduate degree courses in Dental Surgery, Nursing, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and Unani; graduate degree courses in Naturopathy, Physiotherapy and Medical Laboratory Technology; and a postgraduate course in M.Sc. Applied Nutrition.
The number of colleges affiliated to the university at the time of its establishment was 27; it has now risen to 184. The degrees awarded by the university are recognized by statutory bodies including the Medical Council of India, the Dental Council of India, the Central Council of Indian Medicine, the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the Indian Nursing Council.
The admissions into medical colleges for MBBS is as follows:
1. For seats in government colleges, all seats will be filled by the convener based on EAMCET rank and the tution fee is Rs 14,000/annum for 2013-14.
2. For seats in private colleges, 50% will be filled by the convener based on EAMCET rank and the tuition fee is Rs 60,000/annum for 2013-14.
Another 10% will be filled by the convener based on EAMCET rank and the tuition fee is Rs 240,000/annum for 2013-14.
Remaining 40% of seats are left to management of private colleges. AP government has prescribed fee of Rs 550,000/annum for management seat for 2013-14.
Affailated colleges and Institutes
- Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam
- Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad
- Government Medical College, Ananthapur
- Guntur Medical College, Guntur
- Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal
- Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Srikakulam
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Adilabad
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Ongole
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa
- Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Siddhartha Medical College, Vijayawada
- Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Tirupati
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Army College of Dental Sciences,Secundrabad
- Alluri Sitarama Raju Academy of Medical Sciences, Eluru
- Bhaskar Medical College, Hyderabad
- Chalmeda Anand Rao Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar
- Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- Dr.Pinnammaneni Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Foundation, Vijayawada
- Dr.VRK Women's Medical College, Azeez Nagar-RR DIST
- Fatima Institute of Medical Sciences, Kadapa
- G.S.L.Medical College, Rajahmundry
- Great Eastern Medical School and Hospital, Ragolu village, Srikakulam
- Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narkatpally
- Katuri Medical College and Hospital, Guntur
- Konaseema Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Foundation, Amalapuram
- Maharaja Institute of Medical Sciences, Vizianagaram
- Mamata Medical College, Khammam
- MediCiti Institute of Medical Sciences, Medchal
- MNR Medical College and Hospital, Sangareddy
- Narayana Medical College, Nellore
- NRI Medical College, Guntur
- P.E.S. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Kuppam
- Prathima Institute of Medical Sciences, Karimnagar
- S.V.S.Medical College, Mahaboobnagar
- Shadan Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Hyderabad
- Santhi Ram Medical College, Nandyal
The university publishes a quarterly multidisciplinary medical journal, the Journal of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences. It is published online, as a free and open-access journal, along with the print form. The first issue was published on 21 March 2012.
- K. N. Rao (1986 - 1988)
- L. Suryanarayana (1988 - 1994)
- C. S. Bhaskaran (1994 - 1997)
- G. Shamsunder (1997 - 2004)
- R. Sambasiva Rao (2004 - 2007)
- P. V. Ramesh (2007 - 2007)
- A. V. Krishnam Raju (from 2007 - 2010)
- I. V. Rao(2010 to Till Date)
- J. Venkatesan (2007-04-30). "NATIONAL / ANDHRA PRADESH : Supreme Court issues notice to State government on medical admissions" (Press release). The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Cities / Vijayawada : Active lifestyle keeps diabetes at bay, says health varsity V-C" (Press release). The Hindu. 2012-07-29. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Cities / Vijayawada : NTR University admissions open" (Press release). The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Editorial first issue: New journal Seetharam KA, Devi CP, Ramana Reddy BV - J Dr NTR Univ Health Sci". jdrntruhs.org. Retrieved 7 May 2012.