|Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University|
|डॉ राम मऩोहर लोहिया अवध विश्वविद्यालय|
|Motto in English||Dedicated to Truth|
|Established||25 July 1975|
|Chancellor||Shri B.L. Joshi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. R.C. Saraswat|
|Location||Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
112.24 acres (45.42 ha)
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AIU|
Avadh University or Awadh University (Hindi: अवध विश्वविद्यालय) known as Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University is one of the premier universities in India. It is on NH96 in Faizabad city of Uttar Pradesh (U.P.) province. It was established on 25 July 1975 by the government of Uttar Pradesh.
Avadh University was established by the U.P. government under the U.P. University Act, 1973 section 4 (1-A) (b) on 25 July 1975. The university became residential in 1984. Initially it opened with departments History, Culture and Archaeology, Rural Economics, Mathematics and Statistics, and Solid State Physics.
Campus and infrastructure
The university is spread over an area of 112.24 acres. It has 23 buildings which include the administration building, Kautilya administration building, examination building, an under-construction auditorium, health centre, central library, entrance examination cell, Physics and Electronics building, guest house, IT centre etc.
It has four boys' hostels and faculty housing.
The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in following course:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master in Library and Information Sciences (M.L.I.Sc)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Tourism Administration
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
- Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.)
- "Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University declares BEd-JEE results - The Times of India". The Times of India. May 26, 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Courses SUMMARY CHART OF COURSES WITH ELIGIBILITY". archive.org. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|