Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University|
|Location||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Campus||40 acres (160,000 m2)|
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), formerly Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, is an institute for law in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It is one of the National Law Schools . Dr. RMLNLU has been providing undergraduate and graduate legal education in India since 2005. The University is fully funded by the state government.
Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, was established by an Act of Govt.of Uttar Pradesh in 2005, U.P.Act No.28 of 2005 and came into being on 4 January 2006 to meet up the new challenges in legal field and to strengthen the vision that was given by the establishment of first National Law School of the country. Originally incorporated as 'Dr.Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, Uttar Pradesh' word 'Institute' was substituted by the 'University' later, vide an amendment in the Act in November 2006.This was done to give a comprehensive national character to the Institute on lines with the other premier National Law Universities of the Country. The university has been declared "fit to receive grants" by the UGC under Section 12 (b) of the UGC Act, in December 2011.
Located in the South-West part of the Lucknow City, the University has 40 acres of sprawling campus in LDA's Kanpur Road Scheme. The Campus is a complete township having accommodation facilities for 1500 students and over 100 number of teaching and non-teaching staff members. Distance from Amausi airport is 3.0 kilometres and from Lucknow railway station is nearly 7 kilometres. Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences and Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University are the other neighbouring educational institutes of higher education. The District Court, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Lucknow Bench, Vidhan Sabha, Tribunals, are all in the radius of 10 km.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised test for admission to prominent National Law Universities in India. All admissions in RMLNLU, for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs are made on the basis of performance in the CLAT.
- Centrally Air Conditioned Administrative Block, Academic Block, Library, Moot Court Hall, Conference Hall, and Faculty Block 2.
- All Lectures theatre are equipped with LCD projectors and modern teaching aids to make the lectures & Presentating more interesting and effective.
- Campus Wide Internet facilities, through LAN and Wireless Communication
- 24 Hour Power back up
- Lectures theatres with Capacities of 250, 96, 40 and 20 seats
- A Conference Hall with capacity of 350 seats.
- A 3500 capacity modern Auditorium.
- Computer Lab with 60 computers based on Client Node System giving access to number of Online Journals.
- Round Table Rooms for Discussions
- Hostels with capacity of 1500 Students
- Residential facilities for over 100 faculty members and staff
- Swimming pool
- Lawn Tennis Court, Badminton Court, Football ground
- Banking Facilities.
- Shopping Plaza.
"Madhu Limaye Library" houses a valuable collections of legal materials, and provides access to numerous online services and internet sources which serves the legal research needs of the Students and Faculty. The reading section is divided in three parts i.e. General Reading section, Reference & Journal Section and Magazine section. The library is a two floor centrally air-conditioned building. The ground floor has Digital Lab of 56 client-server based computers, Circulation counter, Round table group discussion Room and Video conferencing room. The Chamber of Librarian and Asst Librarian are also on the ground floor. The first floor has Reading sections, separate faculty reading section and photocopy counter. Library is providing access bibliographical database of library materials and online database access and many other services like back years question papers through Web OPAC. In addition, wireless Internet access is available throughout the library. The library has state-of-the-art facilities and also employs CD-ROM technology.
- Books: 18628
- Back Volume of Journals : 5909
- Journals: 101
- Online Database : 8
- Online Databases on Trial: 1
- CD-ROM Database : 4
- CD-ROMs : 202
- Magazines: 16
- Newspapers: 14
Extra Curricular Activities
- Legal Aid and Social Awareness Society
- Moot Court Committee
- Debate and Discussion Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Journal Committee
- Student Welfare Committee
- Cyber & IPR Committee
- Sports Committee