Dr Solomon's Antivirus
Dr. Solomon's was highly regarded both in and outside of the United Kingdom, winning many computer magazine awards and recommendations. Jerry Pournelle recommended it in his column for Byte magazine in 1992, and more recently wrote "Solomon's was unreservedly the best virus service around." In 1993, Dr. Solomon's Anti-Virus Toolkit was awarded the Queens Award for Technological Achievement. At this time the company name was "S&S International". Later it became "Dr. Solomon's Software Ltd." in the UK, with similarly named companies in Germany, the USA and Australia.
After some previous tension between the two software products, on June 9, 1998 McAfee (then Network Associates) agreed to acquire Dr. Solomon's Group P.L.C, the leading European manufacturer of Antivirus software, for $642 million in stock.
- "Dr. Solomon's Anti-Virus Software at UIC". www.uic.edu. 1999-03-04. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- "Summary of Dr Alan and Susan Solomon on The Sunday Times Rich List". Business.timesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- "Mail 100 May 8 - 14, 2000". Jerrypournelle.com. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- McAfee Versus Dr. Solomon: Fresh Round of Antivirus Mudslinging pcworld.com[dead link]
- Network Associates Plans to Integrate Dr Solomon's Tools pcworld.com[dead link]
|This malware-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|