|Full name||Dražen Sermek|
January 30, 1969|
|Title||Grandmaster (chess) (1994)|
|FIDE rating||2501 (March 2014)|
Dražen Sermek (born 30 January 1969) is a Slovene chess player.
He tied for 1st–4th with Andrei Sokolov, Michele Godena and Xie Jun at Cannes 1997. In 2001 he came first in the Pula Open. In 2002, won the New White Plus GM tournament in Dhaka and tied for 1st–5th with Mladen Palac, Zdenko Kozul, Vladimir Burmakin and Ognjen Cvitan in the Casino HIT NG Open in Nova Gorica. In 2008, tied for 3rd–7th with Marat Dzhumaev, Darwin Laylo, Susanto Megaranto and Ashot Nadanian in the 5th Dato' Arthur Tan Malaysia Open Championship in Kuala Lumpur and came first in the MCF GM Tournament, which was also held in Kuala Lumpur.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Dražen Sermek". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Cannes op 18th 1997". 365Chess.com. Retrieved 19 February 2012.
- Crowther, Mark (2001-05-28). "TWIC 342: Pula Open". London Chess Center. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Tournament report July 2002: New White Plus GM tnmt". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Tournament report April 2002: 7 Casino HIT NG Open - Slovenia". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- Lam Choong Wai, Edwin (2008-09-02). "5th Dato’ Arthur Tan Open – Li Chao wins again". ChessBase. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "MCF GM Tournament – Malaysia". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- Dražen Sermek player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Šahovska zveza Slovenije - Chess Federation of Slovenia (Slovene)
|This biographical article relating to a Slovenian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|