|Directed by||Gary Shore|
|Produced by||Michael De Luca
|Written by||Matt Sazama
by Bram Stoker
|Studio||Michael De Luca Productions
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
Dracula Untold, previously known as Dracula and Dracula: Year Zero, is an upcoming American action drama-fantasy film directed by Gary Shore and written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless, based on the novel Dracula by Irish novelist Bram Stoker.
- Luke Evans as Vlad the Impaler, the man who would become the mythological bloodsucker Dracula
- Sarah Gadon as Mirena
- Dominic Cooper as Mehmed
- Samantha Barks as Baba Yaga, a beautiful young woman who turns into a savage witch
- Charlie Cox
- Art Parkinson as Ingeras
- William Houston as Vlad Senior
- Ferdinand Kingsley as Hamza Bey
- Dilan Gwyn as Governess
- Zach McGowan as Shkelgim, a gypsy chief
- Art Parkinson as Ingeras, son of Vlad
- Ash Cook as a Hero Boy
- Ronan Vibert as Simion "The Wise"
- Diarmaid Murtagh as Dimitru
- Noah Huntley as Master of the Guards
- Thor Kristjansson as Bright Eyes, an Eastern European taken as a slave as a young boy and now a vicious assassin in the Ottoman Army
- Joseph Long
In 2007, Director Alex Proyas was hired by Universal Pictures to direct the film Dracula Year Zero. The film was to be produced by Michael De Luca and filmed in Australia. Later, Universal ended the deals with Proyas and Worthington because of the high budget. It was then announced on February 10, 2012 by Deadline that Irish director Gary Shore was in talks to direct. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless wrote the script for new Dracula, news confirmed. On April 25, 2013 The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Universal Pictures had announced that the Dracula film would released on August 8, 2014. On May 20, 2013, First Minister of Northern Ireland Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland Martin McGuinness announced that Universal would film Dracula in August in Northern Ireland. The film would be filmed for three month from August to November and would receive financial support from Northern Ireland Screen. Production would be based in Belfast with filming taking place in various locations throughout NI.
On January 25, 2010 it was announced that Sam Worthington was in negotiations to play Vlad the Impaler, with the film set to release in 2011. Later on August 19, Worthington was confirmed to star in the film. On February 10, 2012, Deadline confirmed that Universal closed the deal with Worthington. On April 8, 2013 actor Luke Evans joined the cast, replacing Worthington to play the role of Vlad the Impaler, the man who would become the mythological bloodsucker Dracula. On May 2, 2013, Sarah Gadon joined the cast to star alongside Evans. On May 8 Variety announced that Dominic Cooper was in talks to join the cast. On July 11, 2013 Zach McGowan also signed on, to play the role of Shkelgim, a gypsy chief. On July 26, Samantha Barks joined the cast to play a character from Eastern European folk tales known as a Baba Yaga, a beautiful young woman who transforms into a savage witch. Along with Barks more cast was added, including Charlie Cox, Ferdinand Kingsley, William Houston and Thor Kristjansson; who would play the role of Bright Eyes, an Eastern European taken as a slave as a young boy and now an assassin in the Ottoman Army. Art Parkinson then joined on to play the role of Ingeras, son of Dracula.
On May 20, 2013 Universal confirmed that shooting will take place in Northern Ireland from August to November 2013. The film's shooting officially began on August 5, 2013, starting in Roe Valley Country Park in NI. The production company received permission for two days of shooting, on August 5 and 6, to film scenes in the park. Other location shooting took place throughout Northern Ireland.
On April 25, 2013, Universal Pictures announced that the film will be released in theaters on August 8, 2014. However, it was announced just 4 months later that the movie will be postponed to October 3, 2014. The film has postponed again to October 17, 2014.
- "Universal Revives ‘Dracula Year Zero’ With Director Gary Shore". deadline.com. 10 February 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Luke Evans to Star in Universal's 'Dracula' Reboot". hollywoodreporter.com. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Sarah Gadon Under ‘Dracula’ Spell for Universal". variety.com. 2 May 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Universal’s ‘Dracula’ Sinks Its Fangs Into Dominic Cooper". variety.com. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "'Les Miserables' star Samantha Barks joins Luke Evans in 'Dracula'". digitalspy.co.uk. 29 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "'Les Miserables,' 'Game of Thrones' Actors Join Universal's 'Dracula'". hollywoodreporter.com. 26 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Zach McGowan Joins Universal’s ‘Dracula’". deadline.com. 11 July 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Alex Proyas To Direct Dracula Year Zero". themovieblog.com. 11 July 2007. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Proyas to direct Universal’s ‘Dracula’ and De Luca to produce Vlad the Impaler tale". variety.com. 10 July 2007. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Universal Revives ‘Dracula Year Zero’ Without Sam Worthington & Alex Proyas; Gary Shore To Direct". indiewire.com. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Universal Sets Release Date for 'Dracula'". hollywoodreporter.com. 25 April 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Dracula movie from Universal Pictures to be filmed in Northern Ireland". bbc.co.uk. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Universal Pictures’ Dracula to film in Northern Ireland". northernirelandscreen.co.uk. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "'Avatar' star Sam Worthington in talks to play Dracula in new period flick". nydailynews.com. 27 January 2010. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Sam Worthington Confirmed to Star in Alex Proyas’ Dracula: Year Zero". slashfilm.com. 19 August 2010. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Dracula filming at Limavady park". u.tv. 5 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Roe Valley Country Park hosts Dracula film". bbc.co.uk. 5 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Roe Valley to feature in new Universal Pictures ‘Dracula Year Zero’ film". belfasttelegraph.co.uk. 5 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Hollywood rolls into Limavady for filming of movie ‘Dracula’". derryjournal.com. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Universal Dates 'Dracula' Origin Pic For August 8, 2014". Deadline Hollywood. April 25, 2013. Retrieved September 3, 2013.
- "Universal Shifts ‘Dracula’ to October 2014 Release". Variety. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Theatrical Movie Schedule Additions and Changes". Box Office Mojo. November 13, 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2013.