|Publisher(s)||Sony Online Entertainment (US)
Infernum Productions (Europe)
Aeria Games (Japan)
|Release date(s)||NA September 23, 2013
Dragon's Prophet is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by the Taiwanese developer Runewaker Entertainment. After going through an open beta phase, the game was officially launched on September 18, 2013 in Europe and September 23 in North America. The game client is free to download, and no monthly subscription fee is required as the service is funded by real money transactions. The game is considered unique due to its feature of allowing the player to ride and tame a variety of dragons.
Dragon's Prophet features an action-based combat system, with the player using the mouse for auto-targeting and attack combos. The game also features the ability to tame a dragon which can be used to aid the player in combat or as a flying mount when out of combat. The dragon can also be improved along with the player as they progress. The huge world contains many different types of enemies, artifacts, dungeons, public quests, world bosses, cities etc.
Player housing is also available, giving the player the option to buy their own house and customize it with items found throughout the world, crafted, or purchased.
The game features an end-game sandbox player versus player design called the "Frontier System". It consist of a map of islands which guild alliances can compete for control in order to capture strongholds. When an alliance completes the objectives required, one player is appointed as a commander and has the power to strategically place defenses, levy land taxes over the player housing areas, spawn unique NPC's, and setup quests in which special tokens can be earned by other players. At any time another alliance can challenge the controlling alliance for control of the frontier.
There is a total of 4 different character classes available in Dragon's Prophet. These are: Guardian, Ranger, Oracle, and Sorcerer.
Guardian: Guardians are heavily armed melee combatants with proficiency in one and two handed weapons. In addition they have to ability to use a shield.
Ranger: Rangers are marksmen who excel at range with their bow.
Oracle: Oracles are lightly armored fighters who invest in magic for defensive spells and rejuvenation.
Sorcerer: Sorcerers are cloth wearing mages who prefer to use devastating offensive spells.
- "Dragon's Prophet - RENA Engine". Deep Silver. 2013-04-11. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Press Releases - Dragon’s Prophet Available Today". Gamasutra. 2013-09-18. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Dragon's Prophet Takes Flight On Sept. 18". Cinemablend.com. 2013-08-04. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Dragon's Prophet Preview: How To Train Your Dragon MMO Style". Forbes. 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Splechta, Mike (2013-09-14). "Dragon's Prophet lets your alliance rule an isl...". GameZone. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Dragon's Prophet Preview". IncGamers.com. 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Dragon's Prophet - classes". Dragonsprophetthegame.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Dragon's Prophet - FAQ". Dragonsprophetthegame.com. 2013-05-29. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "FAQ « Dragon's Prophet Europe". Dragonspropheteurope.com. Retrieved 2013-09-21.