|Directed by||John Hyams|
|Produced by||Joel Silver
|Written by||Tim Tori|
|Starring||Jean-Claude Van Damme
|Music by||Michael Krassner|
|Distributed by||After Dark Films
Dark Castle Entertainment
|Running time||91 min|
Dragon Eyes is a 2012 American martial arts action crime drama film directed by John Hyams, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Peter Weller and Cung Le. In New Orleans, a mysterious man who looks to unite two warring gangs against the lawmen who have been using them to advance their corrupt agenda.
St. Jude Square is a neighborhood living in fear and despair. The dueling gangs of local kingpins, Dash and Antoine, terrorize the streets, and the citizens live without a shred of hope until mysterious stranger, Ryan Hong (Cung Le) arrives. He begins to play one gang against the other, by calling on the teachings of his mentor, Tiano (Jean-Claude Van Damme), to find the strength to battle back. However, just as he begins to bring the community under control, Hong is confronted by Mr. V (Peter Weller), the town's corrupt police chief. At first Mr. V is impressed by Hong's skill, but soon sees Hong as a threat to his regime and the two are locked in a head to head battle, pitting the fear and corruption of Mr. V's regime against the new beginning Hong represents for the people of St. Jude Square.
Cast and characters
- Cung Le – Ryan Hong
- Peter Weller – Mr. V
- Jean-Claude Van Damme – Tiano
- Crystal Mantecon - Rosanna
- Danny Mora - Grandpa George
- Kristopher Van Varenberg – Sgt. Feldman
- Luis Da Silva – Dash
- Dan Henderson – Beating Police Officer
- Rich Clementi – Devil Dog Gangster #4
- Trevor Prangley – Lord
The movie was released on DVD and Blu-ray disc at the UK on April 9, 2012. A limited number of the DVD slipcovers in Australia were for sale from sanity.com.au and autographed by Van Damme.
- Dragon Eyes (DVD) at Play.com
- "Van Damme's Mainstream Comeback May Start In Dragon Eyes". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- "Jean-Claude Van Damme confirmed for Joel Silver's 'Dragon Eyes ...". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2011-03-22.