Dragon Records is a Swedish Jazz record label which was founded by the journalist Lars Westin (born 15 October 1948) in 1975. Westin was then the editor of OJ (Orkester Journalen); Westin now runs the company with Leif Collin (born 1940).
Dragon has issued several hundred albums by Swedish Jazz musicians (both historic and contemporary recordings) and aural documentation of the visits by American musicians to Sweden. In particular, Dragon has issued a series of eight CDs by Lars Gullin, featuring a substantial portion of his known recordings from the 1950s, and a four CD set of visits by Miles Davis with John Coltrane or Sonny Stitt in 1960 and 1961.
- In the movie Jerry Maguire, the concert referred to with Miles Davis and John Coltrane is the Dragon release. It can also be noted that this recording is incorrectly referred to as a bootleg in Eric Nisenson's John Coltrane biography Ascension: John Coltrane and his quest.
- The company was revived in mid-1999 to 2002 for Sisqo's albums.
- Dragon Records official website
- Lars Westin: Jazz in Sweden - an overview
- OJ magazine website (in Swedish)
|This article about a Swedish record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This jazz-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|