|Launched||October 1, 1998 (as Shanghai Metropolitan Television)|
|Owned by||Shanghai Media Group|
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Around Asia, Oceania 115.5 ° E Central Star No. 6B||3808 H 8800|
|China including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan 92.2°E Central Star No. 9||11880 L 28800|
|Greater China (overseas edition) 138 ° E Asia-Pacific No. 5||12538 V 41248|
|Japan (Overseas Edition) 124 ° E, Japan Communication No. 4A||12643 H 21096|
|Australian Jade Interactive TV||3|
|SKY PerfecTV! Japan||Channel 781|
|Dish Network (United States)||Channel 9930|
|Astro||Channel 339 (Coming Soon)|
|Hong Kong TVB Pay Vision Limited||Channel 55|
|Macau Cable TV||Channel 15|
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 313|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 832|
|mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 530 (Coming soon on this channel coming back transmission using Singtel mio TV will be launching on 1 April 2014 at 0000SST.|
Shanghai Dragon Television or Dragon TV (Chinese: 东方电视台; pinyin: Dōngfāng Diànshìtái) is a provincial satellite TV station. It launched in October 1998 as "Shanghai Metropolitan Television" but changed its name to Dragon Television on October 23, 2003. Currently, Dragon TV's signal covers most of China, including Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan and overseas in North America, Japan, Australia, Europe and other countries and regions landing. From September 28, 2009 and onwards, the channel used standard high-definition broadcast.
All of Dragon TV's news program are owned by the parent company SMG TV news production center. The center has a professional staff of 500 people a day, 7 sections provided for the Dragon TV news programs which amounts a total of 5 hours. It is Asia's largest open-press studio and the largest television news production and broadcasting of news organizations. Now Available On TVB Network Vision Channel 88,Cable TV Hong Kong Channel 21 and HKBN BBTV Channel 715
Currently, Dragon TV news program a total of 7 section, including 5 news type of program, and 2 news feature shows, presentations and broadcast news programs specifically as follows:
- Morning | 看东方: a morning live news show, including various types of news information and life aspect, Monday to Friday morning 7:00-9:00, Saturday 7:00-8:30 Sunday morning broadcast.
- News Midday | 东方午新闻: contains the latest domestic and international news, Mon-Fri 12:00-12:30 midday broadcast.
- Primetime News | 东方新闻: Domestic, Local and Global news, authority issued on June 18, 2009 where the program extended to one hour broadcast every night 18:00-19:00.
- Shanghai Today | 直播上海: Shanghai Local news in ten minutes, Mon-Fri 21:00-21:10 broadcast.
- Meridian | 子午线: Comb news, click on the key, 23:30-00:00 live.
- Tale of Two Cities | 双城记: Hong Kong and Taiwan Political talk show, broadcast every Saturday afternoon 12:00-12:30.
- Crossover | 环球交叉点: China Radio International co-production, discussion of Global hot spots weekly, aired every Saturday morning on 9:00.
- "Shanghai plans all English TV channel" People's Daily Online. 23 October 2003. Retrieved 2012-10-01